Chapter 11 The Silver Wolf?

You sit at a breakfast table with Michiru, Shirou, and Gem. Melissa had made breakfast for everyone today. Melissa had a smile on her face as she set down plates in front of the three of you. It was a pretty traditional breakfast with eggs, hash browns, and toast. "Thank you Ms Horner!" You say as she sets down the food.

"Oh yeah thanks!"  Michiru says after you do. She smiles. "You're welcome you two. Plus I don't know what I'd do with all this store bought hash brown by myself anyways." Melissa says with a chuckle.

However Shirou and Gem don't say anything as they're handed their plates. Shirou just starts digging into his food. Using his fork to put food in his mouth with his left hand while texting someone on his phone with his right. You immediately started to dig into your food. Gem seemed to be distracted reading his newspaper that he doesn't seem to notice the food set in front of him. Melissa sighs.

"Would it kill you to have some table manners!?" Melissa says snatching away Gem's newspaper. "Hey, I was in the middle of solving the daily crossword." Gem complains. Melissa puts her hands on her hips with the newspaper tightly clenched in her right hand.

"You can have it back after you've finished eating. You don't want to be impolite while Silver Wolf is watching." She says motioning to some kind of shrine on the other side of the room. The shrine consisted of candles and a wolf statue sitting on a floor mat.

"Uh Silver... Wolf?" You say confused tilting your head slightly to the side in confusion. Both Gem and Melissa look at you with a look of surprise. " You must be joking? Every Beastman knows about the Silver Wolf." Gem says looking directly at you. You raise an eyebrow. Well... you've never heard of this Silver Wolf... "I'm not joking..." You state.

Gem seemed to light up with excitement. "Well that just won't do! Allow me to explain!" The man says with enthusiasm. "Over the course of history, the relationships between us Beastmen and humans have varied. However in certain periods of history Beastmen have been in danger. When that happens, a savior appears! Known as the Silver Wolf! There are many legends of which the oldest is from one thousand years ago, that tell of Beastmen being saved by the wolf!" Gem explains with enthusiasm. "Woah! The Silver Wolf sounds awesome!" You exclaim. Could a deity like that really be true? 

Shirou groans and rolls his eyes which grabs your attention. The others didn't seem to notice him as Melissa went back to bickering with Gem. "Hey, Shirou is something wrong?" You ask looking at the white haired man. "It's nothing... I just need to get out of here." Shirou says before standing up. Looking down Shirou's plate was already empty. "Jeez, were you really that hungry?" Michiru teases.

The pale man huffs. He turns and starts heading for the door. You get up too. "Do you really need to constantly follow me around like a lost puppy?" Shirou asks. Since when did he become opposed to the idea of you following him around. "I was joking about the whole leash thing... but if you keep following me around, I might reconsider."  Shirou says in a sarcastic sounding tone. Did he really just threaten to leash you... You don't know how to feel about that.

"Well, I'm still coming with you." You say with a smirk. Melissa notices you too leaving. "Wait Y/N!" She walks over to the shrine and pulls out two rectangle looking things that are wrapped with leaves. She walks over and hands one to you. You hold it in your hand observing it. "What is this thing?" You curiously ask. "You see it's a good luck charm. I thought you may need one seeing as you've recently been... very unlucky. If you ever need help from the Silver Wolf then just give it to him." 

"Woah, really? Well, thanks a bunch!" You say with a smile. She then handed the other one to Shirou and before you knew it, you were both out the door. You both were starting to head down the street. Shirou seemed to be going unusually slower than usual. Almost as if he was trying to walk alongside you. The wolf man casually pulls out the good luck charm and unwraps it revealing that inside it was some sort of jerky. Huh? What is he-

He then takes a bite out of it surprising you. "Why would you do that? You could get in trouble!" Shirou groans and rolls his eyes. "There is no such thing as a god that would only save you if you give it a little treat." He responds. You were a little put off by his response. Why does he seem so opposed to the Silver Wolf? "Yeah, but everyone believes in it... Why don't you?"

"Because... I don't believe in children's fairy tales." The taller man responds in a cold tone. Jeez... what a harsh response. Does this guy ever have fun? Where are we even going anyways. "So, uh where are we even heading anyways?" You ask the wolf man. 

"I'll explain when we get there." The wolf responds. 

to be continued...