Chapter 6 - Investigating

You hobble your way through the wreckage of the apartment. You join Shiro as he stares down at a strange device on the ground. It looked badly damaged. "Hm... so this must be the bomb." Shiro remarks. You stare at it. The right side and top look heavily damaged. Wires stick out of the holes in the device. "You're probably right." You state. You bend down to pick it up. Your hand touches it. "Wait!" Shirou shouts. You quickly remove your hand from it. "Sorry." You apologize. 

You stare at your hand. Some substance seemed to rub off from the device onto your hand. The part of your hand that it rubbed off onto seemed to become almost completely translucent. "Wow, Shirou. Check this out." You say holding your hand up to him. "Huh, that's weird. It looks almost invisible." He says.

The wolf then leans in and smells your hand. "It doesn't seem to have a scent either." He says. Shirou eyes widen. "This could be why I could detect that one kid's scent when I was saving the beastmen in this building yesterday." Shirou says. Shirou eyes you. "Did you see anything weird when you were rescuing that kid?" Shirou asks. 

"I, uhm couldn't really see anything. There was too much smoke." You respond. Shirou pulls a plastic evidence bag out of his pocket and carefully picks up the device and drops it in. "We'll report this back to City Hall. After that we need to find that kid. I think an interrogation is in order." Shirou says. You raise an eyebrow. "Shirou, are you sure? They're just a child."

Shirou nods. "They may know something we don't. Any new information would be useful in investigation." You nod. "Anyways, I think we're done here." Shirou adds. Shirou starts to walk off. "Hey, wait up!" You quickly follow him. 

After leaving you both head off to City Hall to report the evidence. You two arrive at City Hall after a while of walking. You both step inside. Shirou goes to the elevator. He waves at you to follow him. You comply and follow him. He pulls out a badge and holds it up the scanner next to the elevator door. The elevator door opens and you both enter. The elevator was pretty small not leaving much space. "So, uh, Shirou where are we going?" You ask.

"We're going to the mayor. She's been looking into this terrorist case and would probably like to know what we found." Shirou says. The elevator reaches the mayor's office. You both step out. You see a woman sitting in a chair behind the desk. "Ah, Shirou it's good to see you." She greets Shirou. "Likewise." Shirou says. She turns her attention towards you. "Oh, and who's this?"

"Mayor, this is Y/N. He's currently helping out with the ongoing case." Shirou says. You speak up. "Uhm, hi Ms. Mayor. Nice to meet you." You say.  The Mayor snickers. "Hm... Shirou it's nice to see you making friends. I know that's rather rare for you." The Mayor says. Shirou huffs and rolls his eyes. "Anyways, we've found something you might want to see."

Shirou walks up to her desk and pulls the device out of his pocket. He sets it down on the Mayor's desk. She stares at it. "We think this is the bomb that caused the explosion at the apartment building. I thought you might want to take a look at it." She puts a hand to her chin. "Interesting..." 

to be continued...