Chapter 43: Dilemma [Edited]

A/N

A stifling gloom lingered in the air accompanied by a puff of despair blowing past every now and then. Pain, like a mischievous wind, tagged 'em and sprinted away only to return with heightened vigor. The sun shining with all its might peered its golden rays through the thick murk of anguish, yet the abode remained as dark as ever.

Fazed sentiments clawed at the hearts of the poor souls like a famished beast and they shed drops of misery at how fate turned out for them. No matter what they do, betrayal and deceit kept coming for them time and again, and no matter how fast they ran, the dark silhouette of haplessness never seemed to leave them alone. It was as if the friends were destined to suffer.

However, one particular among the crowd was going through all these for the first time and lets just say, the massive muscular strength he managed to acquire over the years was failing to prove significance at this exact moment, when he needed it the most, it was failing to protect his indigent heart.

The parching draught growing inside his throat contrasted against his moist eyes as they blankly stared at nothing in particular. Feigned nonchalance sheathed his pale face, the only gateway for any emotion now being those two sparkling orbs, the ones that currently held utter desolation. Though an uncanny composure lurked in his stature, it was contradicting what he truly felt inside.

Inside his head transpired a hefty brawl between his conscience and his coherence.

Did someone take Y/N......or.......did she have this entire thing planned herself?

Did she fake her love for me......or.......she meant it all to her pure heart?

Is she celebrating her freedom right now.......or.......is she sitting somewhere in a dark, dingy cell, waiting for me to save her?

Where is she!??

The fight between his head and his heart echoed in his ears and he lowered his head to clutch it tightly against his slender fingers, putting pressure on the aching bone. It had been just for a few minutes that he left Y/N alone in the car. Was it even possible that in such scarce time someone came and took her away?

Where Jungkook was standing was a difficult crossroad and he couldn't choose where to head. He didn't know which way would bestow him with the most pain, both seemed equally harrowing! Whether Y/N deliberately chose to leave him or she was taken forcefully, he was losing her anyways. Then how could he choose?

The real question was, did he want Y/N to be stuck somewhere, so that he can barge in and save the love of his life like a knight in shining armor.....

Or did he want her to be safe and happy, where ever she chose to leave to?

His heart definitely wanted to find her and bring her back but the love he had for Y/N was true and he couldn't just go with his own desires and not care about what she wants.

If the latter is true, would Jungkook let her go? Might he?

As long as she is happy, I'll do anything...

Snapping at his own dilemma Jungkook jumped up from his seat with new found determination sparkling through his eyes. After the agonizing debate within himself, he now knew what exactly he had to do. So he took firm steps towards the exit when a voice stopped him.