Chapter 24: Downpour of Grief [Edited]

Yoongi

"Aaagghhhh" an annoyed grunt escaped my throat as I grabbed the glass from my bed side table only to find it empty. Late night thirsts are annoying and more so when your room runs out of water. It was four in the morning and at that hour all I wanted to do was hug my pillow and get lost in my sweet dreams, I mean the sun wasn't even up yet! But my throat apparently had other plans.

Detaching myself from my soft blanket I rolled down from the bed. After searching for a minute or two I finally managed to scavenge my slippers from under my bed and sliding my feet into those furry footwear, I walked out of my room.

The kitchen was round the corner and from where my room was located, it was a complete detour. Rubbing my eyes clean of lethargy I walked all the way into the kitchen. The dimly lit lobby didn't quite bother me, perks of being around for almost 15 years.

15 years...

It had been 15 years that my biological parents left me and the Kim's took me in. It had been 15 years that I started loving my new family and it had been more than a year since I lost them.

Another reason for me to hate waking up at late hours is that it always came with unpleasant flashbacks. It wasn't quite often that I reminisced the past, I had this opinion that everything happens for a reason but if you're the only one awake at the middle of the night, then what else are you supposed to do.

I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and was about to head back to my beloved bed when some shuffling noises came from upstairs desisting me in the process and I looked up to search for the source.

It was common for Y/N to stay up really late and work on business stuffs. That girl was excessively workaholic to the point where she sometimes trained herself to complete exhaustion. I tried to make her prioritize her health but all she wanted was to make herself good enough.

However what confused me was that the sound didn't come from Y/N's room but from the adjacent one.

Is that Jungkook dude trying to run away again!?

I sprinted up the stairs not wanting for the cop to escape and create trouble for us. I effortlessly skidded across the long corridor, another habit that I took up in all those years, and as I was in front of my destination a confusing scene greeted my eyes.

That Jungkook guy was tucking Y/N into his bed while the later was completely passed out.

"What the fucking hell are you doing, man?"

I roared making the man in front of me look up with eyes full of.......anxiety? His eyes were red too, as if he had been crying! Had he?

I stared at him with uncertain eyes and creased brows and that's exactly what he did too. The intense eye contact went on for a few seconds until he decided to break it.

"I'm sorry but miss Brute was drunk and she barged into my room in the middle of the night before passing out on the floor. I was just being a gentle man and covering her with the sheets" he shrugged with annoyance, more like shoving his gentle manners on my face and as for being cranky already from the lack of sleep, I did take it quite seriously.

I treaded up to him with utmost exasperation and grabbed his collar harshly before spitting on his face with gritted teeth,

"Who the hell do you think you are talking to like that?"

I kept my glaring gaze fastened on his face, hoping to intimidate him to some extent but all he did was push me away while heaving a small sardonic chuckle.

What the-

"You guys think you are so scary and all, you think you are so dominating? Do you guys even realize how sad your lives are? You survive on other's fears. You feed on other's happiness just because you have none of your own! All you prioritize is your wealth and reputation but what about feelings?.....emotions? No wonder people don't like you guys. You all are pathetic because you are too coward to choose the correct life for yourselves. You-"

"You are right..."

Jungkook

I was about to say more when this guy, who I came to know as Min Yoongi cut me off. I didn't know what happened to me, those words just flew out of my mouth like a overflowing torrent. Maybe my mixed feelings towards Y/N was ruining my sanity. But I was angry that's for sure. I mean, these guys hated hurting people but they still did it?

I looked up at Yoongi only to find the arrogance in his eyes now replaced with despair. Was he miserable too, just like Y/N? What was going on with this family!?

"You are right Jeon, we don't have any happiness in our lives, not anymore, not after the only source of our happiness died right in front of our eyes"

"What do you mean?"

"You hate us, right? You hate Y/N? If only you'd know what she has gone through"

"Wha-" I didn't get a chance to speak.

"Yes, we mafias earn our livings from illegal methods but we don't enjoy those....We might be the villains but we are not monsters.....none of us chose this kind of life, this life chose us. Why? Because the real monsters are out their, among you guys and you cops don't even recognize them!

You know, I once had a happy family, omma appa and me but poor us, we failed to recognize the monster among us. My dad, he ruined our family till he had to take his own life and that man took my mother with him.....I was left all alone in this harsh world and I was only 13!

It was then these villains that took me in and gave me an identity. I still remember the night I lost both my parents. I was so traumatized. I was too scared to even utter a single word but Mrs. Kim sat there, beside me, all night. She kept on talking to me, trying to distract me, even when I said absolutely nothing. You call the Kims villains?.....but it was this Kim Y/N's mother who sat by me and caressed my hair gently when all I did was cry. And what my father, who was a normal businessman did? He killed himself and left me and mom to die in the hands of his fucking enemies.

Yes we are villains but at least we still have our humanities, some people don't.....and the rest of us? Their stories aren't different either"

Yoongi heaved a long, tired sigh. He had been pouring his emotions out for the last few minutes but I didn't have the guts to stop him. I didn't want to either. It seemed like these guys had a lot to say but no one to tell it to. May be just my listening to them I could make a difference.

"What about Y/N, what's her story?" I knew I was being too audacious to ask that but I couldn't stop myself. I wanted to know.

The man in front of me lazily dragged his fingers through his thick locks before speaking up,

"She saw her parents dying in front of her eyes too..."