Chapter 32: Love & Games [Edited]

JIN

Standing by the glass window and leaning slightly against the rim, I stared inside the hall, silently watching a disheveled Yoongi getting shot right on his chest by the man standing at the opposite end of the ground, seeking refuge behind an abandoned truck while carrying his mighty gun, Lieutenant Jeon Jungkook. The former clutched his chest tightly under his fingers and with a face contorted with sheer agony, he fell to the cold, hard floor, eyes closed shut to mimic death. He stayed motionless on the ground for a while before jumping right back to his feet, dusting off his messed up T-shirt and a rankled scoff ran up my chest at the elaborate impromptu the boy had just put forward.

Soon a third figure emerged from behind a broken car catching the two men off guard. She took the opportunity to her advantage and fired at Jungkook. The latter's camouflage that he maintained to keep clean till now was finally tainted with a blazing shade of orange, rendering the man shocked. His widened eyes glared at Y/N with forged misery which eventually made the girl burst into laughter and I heaved a deep sigh.

It had been so long since I saw her laugh like that.

Two more men came out from their hidings soon after and both immediately attacked the sole female, shooting her down ruthlessly with their colorful amo and within a matter of seconds, Y/N was drenched with bright shades of pink and green.

She tried her best to protect her face with her spread out palms but that didn't quite help her.

"Hah.....we win" exclaimed a cheery Taehyung as he raised his hand to meet Jimin's in a victory high five, both holding a smug pride on their faces. It was this morning that Yoongi proposed a competitive game of paintball and the rest didn't think twice before joining in. And ever since, the five had been shooting each other down inside the newly transformed training ground, with their designated colors, fighting each other like a bunch of army defending their honor.

Two teams, Taehyung-Jimin-Jungkook and Yoongi-Y/N kept the battle on bay until both the players of the second team got eliminated and right now the entire gang stood there, laughing at their own juvenility with only two being spared from any tinted intrusion.

"It's pay-time, suckers" Jimin snorted. Laying his gun down on the bonnet of a nearby truck, he walked up to the two siblings and threw his arms around their shoulders pulling then in a double sided hug, not caring if he is ruining his battle attire, "and as per the bet, you both are in-charge of cooking dinner tonight."

An agitated groan came from Y/N making the other four laugh deviously. Annoyance was clear on her stained face, after all she had been hating cooking and dodging the kitchen for years now. The first and the last time Y/N went near the oven was when she was 15 and her mother had asked her to make some pancakes. The poor girl whisked the batter so passionately that the mixture went flying from the bowl and all over the kitchen island which she had to eventually clean and Y/N had been recoiling at the name of cooking ever since.

However, Yoongi on the other hand held an emotion in his eyes very different from that of Y/N's. Instead of being annoyed, he looked kind of conniving and with a sly smirk plastered on his lips, he stared directly at Jungkook for some unknown reasons.

"But it's only fair if Jungkook joins us as well. After all, he lost too" he stated making his intentions known and the said cop only grunted in astonishment.

"Say what now?"

After minutes of some stupid bickering, the maniacs finally decided on punishing all the three with kitchen duties and soon the gang went their separate ways, leaving the arena to be cleaned up for future brawl. The show was over and I was about to turn around to leave myself when a certain voice called me from behind.