Chapter 53: Midnight Pt. 2 [Edited]

YOONGI

Resting my forehead against the cold glass I stared out the window, silently watching as the galloping foliage passed by casting their dark silhouettes on the grey streets. The night sky was sheathing the planet like a blanket weaved with stars and the cold breeze that came along with it was knocking on the shut windows every once in a while as if asking to be let in, inside the warmth. But the car kept moving, cutting through those very winds, denying their every request.

It took nearly thirty minutes for the car to make it's way from the hospital to the police station but those mere minutes for me felt like hours of agonizing anticipation while the darkness my heart was gradually being engulfed into stung like hell.

Just this morning had we been spawning schemes to get my sister back from the evil clutches of Sang Ook but now, now we didn't even know if we'd get to see her ever again, or perhaps, if she'd get that opportunity. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine seeing my little sister lying pale and lifeless on a hospital bed, struggling hard to stay put. This was all so messed up!

I desperately wanted to believe that all this was just a very scary nightmare but somehow I never managed to wake up from it. It hurt so bad to think that Y/N might heave her last breath any moment now and it hurt even more to think that the person responsible for it might be the one that I had started to adore like a little brother.

Why did you do this Jungkook.....why?

I heard how Jin accused him of being stupid enough to take such a drastic decision all by himself and I wouldn't deny feeling bad about it but at some level, I too knew that Jin wasn't wrong. It was foolish of Jungkook to take matters in his own hands. He knew that a single wrong move could possibly push us all off the ledge and yet he did it anyway. Was he not thinking at all or was all this a part of his plan as well?

At this point, I honestly didn't know. First he acts all emotional and earns our trusts but then we learn that it was all a strategy. After that he conspires with Y/N alone about the entire getting arrested thing and doesn't tell us. And then again, Y/N goes missing from his car and now, she's struggling to survive on a freaking hospital bed while we were being dragged into a police investigation that'd most probably render us all behind bars, which to think about, had been Jungkook's intention all along.

Things were making too much sense but not in the way I'd want them to and that was bothering me big time. A part of me kept reassuring me that Jungkook might be wrong but not deceitful as such but then again, the other part kept on nagging, claiming that I had done a humongous mistake in judging him. But either way, the anguish was surreal.

I was so torn between my heart and my head that I didn't even realize when the car came to a halt in front of the station gates. The driver undid the automated locks on the doors and Jungkook was the first to hop down from the vehicle. Bowing to the driver for his assistance, he made his way around the car to come to our door, clearly to hand us over to our impending fates. Guess it's time to just let go.

Once the door was opened Jin was the first to get off as he was the one sitting at the edge. There was a point when Jungkook tried to lend him a hand to help him with his trembling state but Jin just thrashed away making the younger male retreat his hand right away. The angry growl he sent Jin's way as a response didn't go unnoticed by me and that's when I actually laid my eyes on Jungkook's face, for the first time in the evening and if I must say, it looked like a blank surface devoid of any emotions, but that was the surface only. If I looked hard enough I could see some sentiments sparkling in his eyes and that gave me some motivation to actually consider my heart over my brain but how disappointed was I to know that they were nothing but hostility and resentment.