Chapter 6: Persona [Edited]

Y/N

Spreading my arms across the soft duvet I woke up ready to face a brand new day. The morning sun peeping through the blanket of the wet clouds unfurled its blush across the blue sky and the birds humming in a sweet cacophony harmonized with the rhythm of the nature. Pushing the glass slides to a side I stood there by the window letting the soothing breeze kiss my bare face before I put on my criminal façade for the rest of the day.

After a few minutes of staring into the sky I turned around and walked past my bed to enter my closet. The place once gleaming with radiant shades was now colorless. Shirts, pants, dresses, shoes, all the things I owned were now mostly black. Apparently they made me look more fierce. I collected one of my black hoodie and a pair of shorts before jumping into the shower.

Warm water trickled down my body cleansing last night's lethargy while a catchy rhythm booming from my phone placed across the sink echoed against the tiled walls. Showering without music was uncanny in my universe and hence, just like any other day, I tuned into my favorite K-pop jams and grooved through my own little personal concert.

"Your girl need it all and that's a hundred

baeg gae jung-e baeg nae mogs-eul wonhae.........."

Minutes passed by and I finally decided to turn the faucet off. It was quite a satisfying long shower especially because relaxation time was nothing less than a luxury in my busy life. Wiping myself dry I slithered into the fresh clothes and walked out of the washroom. I walked over to my vanity and brushed my long wet strands into straight lines. I was never a fan of moisturization and so, giving no extra attention to my skin I left the room.

Skipping down the flight of stairs I glided past the living room couch and entered the kitchen only to be greeted by a long awaited sight. A hot bowl of sizzling japchae placed on the dining table. The Korean cuisine never failed to intrigue me and a bowl of spicy noodles was one of my favorites. So without wasting much time I gorged onto my meal stuffing my mouth with unnecessary amounts.

"It tastes awesome ajhumma" I yelled expressing my gratitude to aunty Haruna, my care tacker although my entire concentration was still revolving around all the different flavors my mouth devoured.

Today was my off day which meant, no training sessions for 24 hours. Such days were rare in my schedule but every time I got those, I tended to forget my mafia persona. Although I still had to visit the warehouse in the evening, I tried to ignore my reality as long as possible, and lose myself in the fantasy world the younger me had created. A land without any pain or sorrow. And the best way for me to go there was through my canvases.

So after finishing my breakfast I made my way directly to the attic and locking myself in, I detached my mind from the outside world. Several canvases, both blank and tinted stood all over the room. Strokes of shed colors were scattered throughout the walls while a bunch of paints and brushes laid across the carpeted floor. This room might be the most vibrant room in the entire mansion. It held all the colors that were sucked out of my childhood.

Grabbing one of the blank canvases I settled it on my easel, ready to pour my heart out on it. I collected my brushes, paints and palette and with a slick yellow stroke, I began my scenery. Once again, with a splash of colors, I started creating a dream world for myself. A series of bright green conifers, a faint shade of crimson surrounding the setting sun and a modest little cottage far away from the city hustle.

A last caress by the tinted brush against the cottage roof concluded my illustration and with a pale shade of black, I signed my initials at the bottom. I wish Y/N could spend her entire life exploring these colorful worlds but guess what, Kim Brute has no access to any shade but black.

Drying the surface with a hand fan I placed it along the walls with the rest of my paintings. The clock struck 4.05 and the afternoon luster stood by the glass window. Devoting my time to my passion often lead me to skip lunch so I decided to take another shower and grab some bite. I turned the lights off and retreating myself from the room, I locked the door behind me securing it from the vile outside world. The serenity my mind had gathered started to dissipate already as I worked on latching the door to my fantasy shut, for god knows how long. The short day of my veiled life was over and it was time for me to return to my persona of a mafia leader, and to embrace the darkness.

Dropping the key inside my pocket I was about to head down when a monotonous ring erupting from my phone disrupted my action. Fishing the phone out, I checked the caller ID. It was Taehyung.

"Yeoboseyo" I pressed on the green mark and held the device to my ear.

"Y/N, come to the warehouse as soon as possible. It's a code red....."

________________________

To be continued...