Chapter 46 : Text Pt. 2 [Edited]

SEOKJIN

"Yoongi, I hope you are enjoying the little movie I sent you. Don't worry, I'm not ending the show just yet. You have time till tomorrow. Come and rescue your little sister. Or I'll have to send her corpse to your door the next day..."

The words rang in my ears like a raging thunder and my eyes turned humid at the vile thought. There on the screen I could see the perished figure of Y/N and it broke my heart into pieces to see her like that. And amidst all those broken pieces, there remained shards of scattered guilt that was saying, it's all my fault.

Fear and agony clenched my convulsing core and I grabbed a bunch of my hair in tight fists, utterly distressed with my incompetence in saving my little sister whom I love so dearly. What was I gonna do? I couldn't just lose her!

The voices in my head kept murmuring incoherent blames at me and I grew mad at myself for ever pressurizing Y/N to live up to the family pursuit. If only I had listened to Yoongi and helped him stop her from ruining her own life that she would have been far away from this mess right now. If only I had kept her at bay from this vicious sphere instead of indulging her further in. The stupid me thought I was only making her stronger.

Time and again I've found Y/N assuring me, saying that my previous actions did actually succor her and bestow her with a fiercer personality that she grew up to revere but I couldn't help but condemn myself for my assertion. Maybe without my influence she would have been a totally different personality today.

"Without your nagging, I would have been a cliché with scanty self reliance and no physical endurance whatsoever. You made me into this strong individual who can protect her own ass without the help of any man. No matter how much I loathe this business, I still love the hot badass bitch you made out of me, Jin oppa. Don't ever doubt that!"

Y/N's soothing voice invaded my thoughts through the flashes of our past encounters and a sad smile was embodied on my lips. However the situation was still breathing heavily down our necks and the searing anxiety got the best of me when I practically snatched the phone out of Yoongi's hand and re-watched the entire mortifying clip in the hopes of finding something, anything that could lead us to her.

And as if on cue, my eyes landed on Y/N's tied up legs, to be more specific, her feet.

"Hey, look" all the five sets of eyes did a detour from my face to the phone's face as I pointed particularly at Y/N's uncannily tapping feet. Her entire body remained week and motionless but for some reason. she was constantly moving her feet in a weird but specific manner and the pattern repeated itself in every few seconds.

What is she trying to do?

"Morse Code!" the questions didn't get much time to plague our minds as Yoongi came up with an answer that I doubt anybody else even bothered considering. "She's talking through Morse code. Quick, give me a pen and a paper..."

The revelation was unusual but at that moment, no one questioned his actions. We were too lost to disregard any sort of lead we got.

Yoongi took his phone back from my hands and dashed to the diner before sitting down on one of the chairs while leaning towards the table in order to write down what he needed to write down.

"When we were kids we used to play the mafia game with other young trainees and Y/N and I often used to cheat, using Morse Code to secretly reveal the killer......I taught her to do that" Yoongi reminisced while hurriedly scribbling some stray dots and lines on the paper. The remarkably bad influence kept aside, a faint gleam of hope was flickering in his eyes along with some fresh drops which I didn't know if were of grief or of anticipation. I deeply hoped for the latter though.

"You think she's doing the same now?" I asked only to realize how broken my voice had gotten by now. A soft hand landed on my shoulder and I turned around to a concerned Hoseok smiling up at me with faith and assurance, which I returned with a nod before turning back to Yoongi, awaiting his reply.

"I don't know hyung, but I truly hope she is" he huffed through his tears, "I really do......done!"

-.. --- -. - / -.-. --- -- . .-.-.- / - .-. .- .--.

The immediate crowd that surrounded him was chaotic. Yoongi was now indulged in deciphering the symbols he just scrawled and the rest, well we were eagerly waiting for the message to read something positive.

It was a matter of seconds before Yoongi was done for the second time. However, the message he decrypted was nothing as we had expected. There on the piece of paper remained two broken sentences-

"DON'T COME. TRAP"

~Time skip~

JUNGKOOK

Y/N's message had left us more devastated than we already were and I couldn't take it anymore. The visions of her hurting form were vivid in my mind and the emotions they conjured in me were violently strong. They were painful and they had to stop.

The cold air hitting my wet cheeks pushed a shiver down my spine and I found myself loitering in the corridor of the once noisy mansion that was now getting more and more silent with every passing minute.

After a long stressful day, the members had already left for their quarters except for Seokjin who decided to stay the night with Yoongi in the mansion. Like the others, I too was on my way to the door. However, there was this lingering unease in my heart that was missing Y/N so very much. And to calm that down, I decided to, for once visit the only place in this mansion where I could feel her presence the most, the attic.

I was in desperate need of some motivation, so wasting no further pulse I made my way through the long empty corridor of the third floor and barged into the room at the very end of it.

I had gone there solely in search of some peace of mind but who knew the trip would end up bearing such contrasting outcomes. One step inside and the tempest in me went haywire instead.

I recalled the very first time that I came in here, I had seen on her canvas, a rough outline of a face that looked oddly familiar. Back then I had pondered upon the possible muses behind the face but after a while of tiresome scavenger hunt with no success, I had given up.

However, today, when the completed version of the painting stood proud in front of me, I felt flabbergasted. The face was brimming with colors and textures and shades but most importantly, the face was mine.

The next thing that I noticed shocked me even more, and that was the signature at the bottom right corner of the canvas, a signature that read Kim Y/N in bright red. I have seen Y/N's paintings before but never have I discovered her mark on any one of them.

The wild storm in my heart only grew stronger with a newly ignited passion adding to the fuel. I could clearly see that Y/N trusted me enough to give me a corner in her heart, she felt comfortable enough to display the portrait as her own artwork and there was no way I was letting her faith down.

Don't worry Y/N-ah. Just hold on a little longer, I'm coming for you...

__________________________

To Be Continued.....