Epilogue [Edited]

_6.5 K words_

Everything apart from the flashback is in Y/N's POV

This is the last chapter of the story....Enjoy!

"You remember the doctor that helped Sang Ook with his plans of killing your father? I'm so ashamed to say this but he was my dad..."

Both Jungkook and Y/N were left dumbstruck at Daejung's sudden confession and when none of them spoke a single word in regards to his claims, he took the silence as his queue to go on with the story.

"Y/N" he began once again now completely engrossed in memories. "Did Yoongi ever tell you that someone from the hospital called him that night and informed him about poison being found in Myung Dae's system?"

The mere question made flashes appear in Y/N's mind and she looked down at her feet with overwhelming anticipation before nodding her head in affirmation.

"Y-yes. I was there in the room when he got that anonymous call. At that time we were so devastated that we completely forgot to ask for the caller's identity-"

"Well, you have it now. It was I who called Yoongi to give him the information. I got his number from Myung Dae's file, he was enlisted as Myung Dae's emergency contact..."

Daejung pressed his lips into a thin line as he rummaged through the events from the past, reminiscing the unfortunate night when the sick Sang Ook brought down not only the Kims but also the Chois.

The antagonist managed to ruin not one but several lives in just a fraction of a day. Maybe that's why today, when he himself was standing at the edge of his own sins, barely hanging from a thread between freedom and eternal agony, his both victims found each other. Maybe in this quest for justice, fate wanted them to join hands and work together to avenge what they had lost. After all, destiny sure has its weird ways of manifesting itself.

Daejung looked up to find Y/N staring deeply into his eyes as tears brimmed her own. Jungkook sat beside her, now closer than before, holding her hand tightly presumably to let her know that he was there for her and it warmed Daejung's heart to see them like that. He could see the love and adoration Jungkook and Y/N had for each other and it reminded him of a certain someone back at home who looks at him the same way they looked at each other, with nothing but love. And the thought alone made him more determined on his pursuits.

"Back then I was just a trainee..." heaving a deep sigh the doctor began, thereby gaining back the other two's attention. "I had newly joined the hospital and your dad was the first patient I got to work with. Everything was going pretty normal that evening, they brought the body in and I saw the lab workers doing some customary tests on him. I wasn't allowed to touch anything just yet so as my assignment, I was asked to see the autopsy process and study the doctors' reports after they left.