Chapter 22: A Bottle of Whiskey[Edited]

Flashback is in italics

Y/N

"You don't have to do this Y/N-aah. Please let that thing go" a young Yoongi exclaimed with a worried frown smeared all over his face. His gaze was glued to the sister figure in front of him while a torrent of warm tears cascaded down his pale cheeks. A fresh pain of deprivation and loss scorched his heart but the agony of seeing his little sister in such a state hurt him way more.

The girl he had his eyes fixed on was already in too deep to even acknowledge his pleads. With a heavy metal gun weighing her delicate hands down, she held a face deprived of any emotions. It was her first time holding a weapon and yet her face held nothing but calmness, an impaired calmness.

Traces of tears burned to ashes as the girl shrouded herself with a thick layer of nonchalance. Her heart that once boomed with brightest intentions was now burning with the fire of vengeance and with that heavy heart, she lifted her hands up and pulled the trigger.

The bullet missed the target board by a huge distance, crashing with a nearby wall but it didn't miss her soul. It left a gaping hole right through, bringing it to the brink of shattering into dust.

The smiling faces of her parents flashed in front of her eyes and the girl ended up shooting all the bullets in the gun, letting them fly away in several directions. Her hands shivered with anxiety but for some reason she was unable to shed a single drop of tear. May be they had all dried out from the amount she already cried....or maybe she was saving them, keeping them leverage for the day she takes her ultimate revenge.

"Enough Y/N, drop the gun" although he wanted it to be a command, Yoongi's voice betrayed him and he let it out as a broken whimper. Not only did he lose two very important people of his life, he was witnessing his sister, aka, his best friend slowly slipping away too. Although Y/N was standing right in front of him, he could still feel her drifting to somewhere far away.

Her body was right there in the room but what about her soul?

How was the girl who hated sounds of gunshots, who endured years of bullying solely to stay away from those sounds now shooting them so effortlessly?

It made him realize that the Y/N he knew and loved was slowly crawling into hibernation under the mask of a completely new Kim Brute.

"Aaaagghhhhh"

I let out an incited groan pulling onto a fistful of my hair. My biggest mistake was to let those stupid memories into my mind. One flashback led to the another making a series of episodes echo in my head and I was unable to gulp down my frustration.

Memories from a month gravitated to a year and unwelcomed flashes started to return plunging me into a living nightmare. I felt guilty at how I pushed away the only person that genuinely cared about me. He tried so much and yet I turned a cold back at him. I killed my every innocence and where did it lead me?

I loathe myself now!

But what else could I have done? I was blinded by rage. I was angry at how my life betrayed me and even though I should have let it go, I simply couldn't.

Was it wrong of me to choose vengeance over condonation?

Doubt and remorse scorched through my head biting at my composure and I couldn't deal with it anymore. So I jumped off my bed and even if I was in my night pajamas, I didn't care. I kicked open my door and stormed down the flight of stairs, my feet carrying me to the kitchen, right in front of the freezer.

My composure had taken off long ago and I harshly pulled open the refrigerator door, my eyes immediately landing on a fresh bottle of whiskey.

A/N

A half empty bottle of alcohol hung loosely from her tired fingers as the girl made her way to her bedroom on the first floor. It was getting hard for her to confer firm steps in that delicate state of intoxication. Y/N have never had alcohol before and gulping more than half a bottle of raw whiskey in her very first attempt wasn't quite helping her situation, although the grief she was dealing with a few minutes ago subsided to some far away distance.

According to her, the relief from the soul wrecking guilt was worth the soaring dizziness and the feeling of nausea. She was amused at how her worries disappeared without even her trying much. Alcohol was the ultimate solution to every problem and she was glad to finally find out the universal truth.

With wobbly steps Y/N managed to reach her room and push the door but for some reason it didn't open. An exhausted whine grumbled up her chest and she pushed harder only to be met with another defeat.

What the heck!?

Unknowingly her eyes drifted down to find out that the door had been bolted from outside and on recalling about it, lines of confusion cased her forehead. She didn't remember locking the door but being drunk to the core, she just shrugged it off and unlocking the barrier she entered the dark premises.

The room was warmer than she was used to, the cold breeze that normally flew in through her balcony was nowhere to be found. In fact, her beloved balcony that she used as a personal garden was nowhere to be found.

Did someone steal my balcony?

The girl started roaming about frantically searching for the bed, knocking a lamp off in the process. Her eyelids felt heavy and a strong wave of lightheadedness pounced on her trembling body. She probably would pass out on the floor if she doesn't find some sort of mattress any time soon.

Y/N strode deeper into the room but stopped abruptly when a voice caught her off-guard.

"Miss Brute? What are you doing in my room?"

A bewildered Y/N turned around only to be met with a yawning Jungkook.

________________________

To Be Continued...