Chapter 49: Let Go [Edited]

A/N ~ The song has nothing to do with the chapter, I just really love it too much...🌚😅

Y/N

Y/N

A cold shiver slid down my spine as I laid my eyes on the man in black in front of me. Mirroring my surprise on his face, Jungkook stood with a demeanor screaming of sundry emotions. I wanted so bad to scold him for willingly disregarding my warning but I couldn't suppress the urge to hug him either. It was almost five days that I had been stuck in that dungeon with no tinge of anticipation what so ever. At the moment, I was in desperate need of some affection, at least some assurance that I wasn't alone anymore.

And as if hearing the cravings buried in the deepest parts of my heart, Jungkook quickly walked up to me and engulfed me in his arms making me break down right there and right then, like a delicate carving of glass.

"I missed you..." my voice came out as a dull, fragile chime but for the first time in forever, I didn't try to hide it behind a layer of loud, hoaxed indifference.

Previously, every time I felt sad or broken, I used to conceal my emotions behind a thick façade of nonchalance only to prove to myself and to the world that I was strong enough. I felt scared to show my vulnerable side to anybody because I thought if I exposed my weaknesses, people might exploit it, they might label me as a coward, unworthy of my resolutions. And the burden of such thoughts were heavy enough to close me off even to my own family. I started believing that I was incapable of feeling intense emotions such as anxiety, heartbreak, or even happiness. I fed myself facts that with no feelings there won't be any pain but eventually I ended up paining myself more.

However Jungkook changed all that for me. I was there, standing in front of him, being the most vulnerable I've ever been and I didn't even have a tiny bit of desire to hide myself. I felt so free.

"I missed you more than you can ever imagine Y/N-"

"We all did"

The charming voice of my best friend caught me by surprise and I broke the hug with Jungkook to look behind him and there he was, a smiling Jimin standing right by the metal gates, along with a teary Taehyung.

"You came too?" a sad smile broke on to my face as the bliss of seeing all those friendly faces after so long was too much to contain and I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed. Even though the entire situation was quite hostile, the little reunion still felt worthy of some opulent moments.

As Jungkook removed his arms from around my waist I ran up to Jimin, giving him a tight, bone crushing hug while the later picked me up and spun me around as if I were a little kid. Nonetheless, he did make me giggle like one.