The Last Scene - A Final Encounter

The story of Macbeth is by no means a heroic tale. The story of Macbeth is in fact a rather distressing one of a greedy man murdering to gain power and status; he kills friends, family and the nobility, all to rise to the top. Ultimately, this all leads to his downfall in the end.

From being promised certain positions of hierarchy by three witches on a cold evening mid battle, Macbeth takes this as a chance to kill his way to the top —to win it all by his own greedy hands before the time is right.

'Fair is foul and foul is fair' —nothing is as it seems at face value.

Before William took his life that day on the bridge, the whole city thought the Lord of Crime was merely someone who wanted to murder to rise to fame and gain power for his own selfish scheme. But this wasn't the case. No, William murdered to prove a point; that no one's life is less meaningful than another's simply because they have less money in their pocket or they don't have a title to their name. And people slowly started to realise this later.

Unfortunately, it was only once he'd made a spectacle of his death for all to see that it really struck a chord with the people of London. The people who knew his intentions from the start, they were simply glad to see his death wasn't in vain.

The clean up after that night had been a long one. Almost half the city was in development to be rebuilt, but luckily a lot of the city's nobility took it upon themselves to fund the whole thing —Albert handed over a large sum of money to aid but did so anonymously. It has to be made this way, as since he'd assumed public blame for being the puppet master behind William's plans, he was serving time in prison.

His sentence had lasted ten months, with strict orders of staying under house arrest and away from the public eye. Still, he and Eleanor decided it was best for a change and moved to Oxford to start a fresh life with their baby boy.

Life had been hard while he was serving his sentence, including the birth of their son. But Eleanor went to Paris and starred in the play as the lead role for a few months, until she couldn't hide her growing pregnancy anymore. This made her a small fortune, enough for them to be comfortable.

Along with their small little family, Eleanor's parents decided to move to Oxford with them. After some convincing, Phillip gave in and accepted that the pair were going to be spending the rest of their lives together and he knew that his daughter's happiness was the most important thing. Surprisingly, Eleanor and her mother Katherine seem to see eye to eye since the events that took place almost a year ago. She helps take care of their little boy and supports them as much as she can. However, Eleanor fears that the only reason they reconciled was because a child was involved and she had become a grandmother —something Katherine had always wanted.

"Where's my little boy?"

Eleanor peers around the doorframe to see Albert sat on a blanket on the floor with his hands covering his face. He reveals his wide eyes and playful grin.

"There's my little boy!"

A loud giggle escapes their little boy's mouth and he looks up in wonderment at his father.

Albert squeezes at his son's sides and laughs as he attempts to fit his own fist in his mouth. Instead he slobbers all over his hand.

Chuckling, Eleanor walks over with a tissue in her hand. "Is someone being messy?"

She carefully wipes his mouth clean and tosses the dirty tissue into the bin. Wrapping an arm around their son, Eleanor coo's at him and lifts him up into the air.

Albert strokes his side as she positions him on her hip.

"Our handsome little boy,"

They look down at him adoringly.