2

"Ma I really don't see the difference

"Ma I really don't see the difference. That's lettuce and that's lettuce too." Amazi pointed at a romaine lettuce head, and a cabbage one, watching as his mom face palmed herself in the camera.

"Amazi Ja'ior East that is fucking cabbage you absolute d-lord jesus this boy gon' make me act a got damn f-get the damn lettuce Amazi." She spoke with gritted teeth, and Amazi laughed, grabbing the cabbage-which to his knowledge was lettuce.

"That's cabbage! Get the damn lettuce Amazi!" She repeated, screaming through his AirPods, and he tried to catch his breath from laughing so hard, getting the lettuce head.

"Aight ma chill out. You gone have a stroke." He chuckled, pushing his cart full of groceries over to the fruit shelves.

"Yeah 'cause you 'bout dumb as yo damn daddy! I see I gotta start going grocery shopping myself 'cause y'all dumbass never get it right." She shook her head, muttering more things to herself while he grabbed a few packages of cuties.

"You keep complaining and I ain't gone bring you nothin'."

"And watch I bust yo ass to the damn white meat." She retorted without a second passing, and he laughed again.

"Man bye ma. I'll call you when I'm on the way." He wiped the tear that'd fell from him laughing so hard, going back to the FaceTime screen.

"Yeah whatever boy. Love you."

"I love you too baby." He waved, before ending the call and sliding his phone in his pocket.

Amazi was currently at Walmart, grocery shopping for his mom since he had nothing else to do, and because she'd asked him to.

Usually his dad did it, but he had a golfing tournament to attend today, so he was unable to-which meant Amazi had to do it.

His mom, Faye, was very much capable to do it on her own, but she just sassily bossed Amazi and his dad around and made them do it.

Amazi never minded, besides when he couldn't find something on her list. Faye tried to make it as easy as possible for him, and even sent pictures along with the names of what she needed, but Amazi still had a difficult time.

Snapping from his thoughts, he glanced at his list, and then the cart, before shrugging in satisfaction. Next, he headed to towards the checkout registers since self-checkout only accepted carts with less than twenty items and he had well over that.

"Hi! How are you today?" A younger girl greeted, beginning to scan items as Amazi placed them on the moving belt.

"Doing good. You?" He didn't take his eyes off his cart, trying to get it all on the belt. He had a literal cart-full.

"Likewise. I like your hair." She complimented, and he finally stood upright, looking at the smaller girl in front of him.

"Thank you." He gave her a slight head nod, and going shy under his gaze, she rushed to finish ringing him up.