7

"Stop rushing me or I'm not coming anymore, Amazi

"Stop rushing me or I'm not coming anymore, Amazi." Kyaira told him over FaceTime, yawning as she sat up from her bed.

"What was the point of me calling you to tell you to get ready if you was just gone call back an hour later to tell me you just waking up from a nap?" His natural mug was on his face as he watched her, and she waved him off.

"I'll be ready in time. How far away are you?"

"Thirty minutes Kyaira." He stale faced her, knowing how long it took women to get ready.

"Shit. Okay, I'll be ready in time I promise. Tell me when you're here. Bye bye." She waved, ending the call so that she could rush to get ready, making him shake his head.

Amazi slipped his phone back in his pocket, posting a note on the front door of his tattoo parlor that said the shop was closed for today.

He'd just finished getting an inspection done twenty minutes ago, even though he wasn't expecting them to come until later this evening-the time currently reading 2:53 in the afternoon.

He thought that it would be disrespectful to call his employees in for work after he'd given them the day off, thinking the inspector would've came at a later time.

Thankfully they passed it, and he just decided to keep the shop closed the remainder of the day and resume business as normal by this time tomorrow.

Hearing his phone began ringing after he'd gotten in his car, he pulled it from his pocket to see Jordyn calling him.

Around this time she should've been getting off of work, and he'd talk to her until she got home to shower. That was the pattern they'd upheld the last few days.

"Wassup baby?" He answered, putting it on speakerphone as he backed out of his parking lot.

"Hey boo. What you doing?" She spoke distinctly, most likely away from her phone with her AirPods in.

"I just finished an inspection at my shop. What about you? You hungry?" He asked, seeing that he had time to drop her off some food before going to get Kyaira.

"I could go for some Sonic. But I called to tell you that nobody has picked Nirah up yet." She told him, and he frowned, checking the time to see it was a little past three, and Nirah got out of school at 2:20.

"Shit. I'm on my way. I'll get you food too, text me what you want." He grabbed his phone, and after a few more exchanges, he ended the call.

While making a U-turn, Amazi dialed Nessiah to see where he was and why he hadn't gotten Nirah yet, or called him to go get her.

After two calls going straight to voicemail, he called Naysia-Nessiah's mom.

"Hey baby." She answered on the third ring, a bit of static coming from her background.

"Wassup Mama Nay. I was calling to see if you heard from Sy? Ain't nobody picked Nana up yet and she got out almost an hour ago."

"Oh my goodness. No, the last time he called was probably yesterday afternoon. He sounded fine. Maybe he overslept? Are you going to get her or should I? Lord jesus, my poor baby probably throwing a fit." She sucked her teeth, referring to Nirah.