[1]

Hard Deck & Great balls of Fire

Iris parked her pickup truck, she quickly fixed her shoe laces before heading inside

Iris parked her pickup truck, she quickly fixed her shoe laces before heading inside. As soon she stepped inside, she looked around. "Iris Sommers?" A voice said and Iris turned to see Penny. "Penny!" Iris exclaimed as she approached the bar. "Happy to see you here, shouldn't you be wearing your uniform." She said as she pointed to my outfit. "Yeah but I was spending time with my father and time just flew out the window." Iris said which caused Penny to smile. "How is he by the way?" She asked. "Just handling each day one at a time." Iris replied.

She smiled and handed Iris her drink. Natasha came over and hugged Iris. "Oh it so good to see again." Natasha said which caused Iris to smile. Natasha looked at her outfit. "No uniform?" She asked. "Just like I told Penny, I was spending time with my father, time flew out the window." Iris said."None of them have ever met you before which means no of them will know you are a pilot." Natasha said.

Iris shook her head, "Well if they don't realize tonight, they'll be in a world wind of a surprise tomorrow." Iris said which caused Natasha to chuckle. Which Natasha and Iris walked over, which Iris caught the guys attention. "Well who's this?" One of them asked. "Iris.. you are?" She said. "Jake..." He said. "Bagman." Natasha said which caused Iris to chuckle. "Hangman." He corrected her. "Then you have Fanboy, Payback and Coyote." Natasha said to introducing everyone. "You know about Callsigns there Iris?" Payback asked her. "I hope so, Pilots run in my family." Iris replied, before any them could ask further. Iris looked behind her at a man behind her wiping the crumbs from his pants.

"When did you get in?" Coyote asked surprised. "Oh, I've been here the whole time." The man replies with an awkward smile. "Well.. man's a stealth pilot." Hangman said. "Weapons Systems Officer actually." The man corrects him, clearly not catching the joke. "With no sense of humor." Hangman says under his breath as Iris shook her head.

"What do they call you?" Phoenix asks. "I'm Bob." He says uncomfortably. "No, your callsign?" Payback smirks. "Uh Bob..." It comes out more of a question. Everyone chuckled which the tension was gone.

"Bob Floyd? You're my new back seater? From Lemoore?" Phoenix asks shocked. Bob nods. "Looks like it. yeah." Bob says smiling at her. Iris smiled at Bob which he returned one back. "Nine-ball, Bob. Rack' em." Phoenix said as she hands him her pool cue. "So Iris back to what we were saying, you know about Callsigns?" Fanboy asked her. "My father was a pilot, he's an admiral while my mother taught at top gun, my father's brother was a former captain before he retired a year and half ago close to being promoted to Admiral too and lastly my grandfather was also a pilot like I mentioned pilots, they run in my family." Iris replied.

"Bradshaw! That you!" Phoenix yells which Iris looked that direction. Bradshaw.... she recognized that last because her father flew with a Nick Bradshaw known as Goose, he lost his life but Her father would just go on and on how much great person good was and how he felt horrible for His Wife and son. My father didn't he even want to think about if something had happened to him during his time flying. Then Bradshaw looked directly at Iris. "Phoenix, who's this?" He asked as he approached Iris. "Bradshaw, This is Iris Sommers. Iris, This Bradley Bradshaw, his callsign is "Rooster" " Phoenix said as she introduce them to each other. "Iris, what brings you by a group of pilots?" He asked her. "Would you like to know." Iris said as she looked at Phoenix then back at Rooster. "Your a Pilot... aren't you?" Rooster asked which cause Iris to slightly giggle. "You seem to be the only one to figure it out, just wait till they find out tomorrow." Iris said as she patted his shoulder which caused Rooster snicker a bit. Iris headed to the bar and Penny approached her.