[13]

You already have, Son

A year later...

So much has happened in a year, Iris and Bradley were now Captains. They started living together and live not very far from her father. Speaking of her father, he returned to helping out at TopGun after he stopped a bit when him and Iris came back here, which thrilled both of them. As for her uncle, he also returned and became an admiral alongside Bates and Simpson. Iris couldn't be anymore happier.

..........

Bradley knocked on the front door of her father's house. Her father opened the door and smiled, "Bradshaw! welcome!" He said as he pulled him into a hug. "It's good to see you." Bradley said to him, then her father noticed his daughter wasn't with him. "Where's Iris?" He questioned him. "Oh she had to talk to the Admirals about something, but I have something to ask and I couldn't ask with her here." Bradley responded. 

Flame moved out of the way for Bradley to step in. "How has your brother been handling being back at it?" Bradley asked. "Oh... he's been handling pretty well, if it wasn't for you all, I don't think he would be back at topgun." Flame responded. They all learned why he stepped away from flying, he lost someone during a mission which he felt like it was his fault even thought it was out of his control, which he swore he never fly again, but he broke that barrier when he flew with Iris.

"That's good." Bradshaw replied. "Now what was it you wanted to ask me?" Flame asked and Bradley grew nervous. "Yeah..." Bradley responded before continuing. "You know I love Iris so much... I was thankful that I got her back after we were separated, but I swore I wasn't going to lose her again, Of course we fell in love and I knew she was going to be the one I want to call my wife someday and the mother of our children... I know it's only been a year, we probably won't right away, but you are her father, I was wondering..." Before he could continue, Flame interrupted. 

"You already have Son.... you have my blessing." Flame said which put Bradley in relief and put a smile on his face. "I just knew that day you two were on that piano, I would be calling you my son in law someday." Flame said with a smile. "Now question is when are you popping the question?" Flame asked. "Tonight." Bradley said which put a smile on her father's face.

.................

Iris knocked on the door of the admiral's office, "Come in!" She heard her uncle. She stepped in and all three admirals looked at her. "Captain Phantom, what brings you by today?" Simpson asked. "Well..." Iris said. They looked at her, she sighed. "Was wondering if I could take a medical leave." Iris responsed. "Oh you went and found out what's wrong, because that isn't like you, how long?" Bates said as he got the paper work. 

"Well this is the thing, It's going to be a good bit..." Iris said and Her uncle instantly smiled also knew. "How far along are you?" He asked her and admirals finally caught on. "I am two and half months almost three." She said with a slight smile. "The baby wasn't hurt in anyway?" Her uncle asked. "No sir." She responded. "Does Mr. Bradshaw know?" Her uncle asked. "Nope, he will tonight." She said and He smiled.

"Well congratulations, I will fill out..." Simpson said but Iris interrupted. "I do have one more thing to ask." Iris said and Simpson looked up her. "Go on." He said. "Even thought I won't be Flying, I was wondering if I could still help out around here?" She asked. All three of them smiled, "Of course." Simpson replied and Iris smiled. "That's all." Iris said. "Your dismissed Captain." Simpson said and she nodded then walked out of the office. Then it hit fireball, "Holy crap, I am going to be a great uncle!" He exclaimed which caused Iris to chuckle at her uncle as she headed out.

.................

Iris and Bradley walked out of the restaurant, walked into the garden. He pressed a kiss onto her cheek and she smiled. "Dinner was great." Iris said. "Indeed." Bradley said to her and then they stopped inside the garden. "Love, why have we stopped?" Iris questioned him.

"From the moment when we were children, We have always been close, I'll never forget the day we was listening my dad play on the piano then the same song we reunited... I knew once I got you back, I wasn't going to let you go, I knew I wanted you to be mine, I knew I wanted to spent the rest of my life will you, you be the mother of my children and to grow old together...." Bradley said as he got on his knee which made Iris's eyes widened. "Iris Sommers.... will you do me the honor, will you marry me?" He asked her. Tears began to slip down her cheeks, she nodded which made him smile and slip the ring onto her finger. He got up and pressed a kiss to her lips. She smiled and pulled away, "That was a surprise... I have one too." She said with a smile.

He looked at her and smiled a bit. "Well I found out why I was sick." She said. "Oh... What did the doctor say?" He asked her. Her smile grew bigger, "Well How do you feel about being a dad in a few months?" She asked as she bit her lip which this stunned Bradley a bit. "We're?" He asked and she nodded which result him picking her up and spinning her around, she giggled. "Oh my goodness." He said as he put her down. "We're having a little one Love, also we can take our time with the wedding as well." Iris said. He pressed a kiss to her lips. "Oh my goodness, I am so excited." he said as he pulled her into a hug. She smiled, "Me too." She responded.