[4]

Just holding on

Just holding on

"Iris! Bradshaw is here two hours early!" She heard her father yelled enough to wake her out of her sleep. "Ahh Coming!" Iris yelled as she took a quick moment to wake up. Bradley chuckled at her father. Mr. Sommers looked at the young fellow, "It's good to see you." He said to Bradley. "It's good to see you as well." He replied to her father.

"Iris told me that you two have just started seeing each other." Her father commented and Bradley nodded. "Doesn't surprise me you know, but I will not be happy if you break her heart, am I making myself clear." Flame said sternly. "I understand sir." Bradley replied. "I know you won't but just warning you." He commented and Bradley nodded.

"While Iris is still trying to wake up, She also told me that you and Maverick aren't getting along." Flame said. Bradley sighed, "He pulled my papers sir." Bradley replied. Flame sighed, "I kinda figure it was that, not to mention he tried doing it to Iris but my brother and I forbid it, He didn't mention you because if he did, your papers would have never been pulled." Flame explained. Bradley sighed, "I knew he tried to doing the same thing to her." Bradley said to her father, her father hummed.

"Just don't let it get to you." Flame said to him. "Does Iris know about this?" Bradley asked him. "Nope but I know she will figure it out, most importantly she will be frustrated when she learns what maverick did, just keep her calm." Flame said sternly. "Of course." Bradley replied.

Iris walked into the kitchen and saw Bradley then did a double take when she saw his outfit. She looked at him, "Uhh why do you look like your going to hit the beach?" She questioned him. "That's because we are." He replied. "Since when?" She questioned him again still confused which he couldn't help but chuckle. "Phoenix had let me know." Bradley replied. "Phoenix didn't let me know, I would've looked stupid if you didn't come pick me up today." Iris said. Her father chuckled a bit.

"Oh to let you two know... Fireball is in town." Flame said to both of them. Iris smiled at the mentioning of her uncle. "That's awesome, when's he going to visit, I would love to see him."  Iris said. "You know sweetheart your uncle is a busy fellow, he said he was going to swing by to talk to you pilots." Flame said. Iris smiled a bit. "I am surprised he wasn't promoted to admiral like you father." Iris said as she sat down at the table.

"Well he would've been if he didn't gave it up." Flame said. "Why did he give it up?" Bradley asked. Flame sighed. "He never told me, I am guessing something went wrong on one of his missions, which I think why he was terrified of Iris becoming a pilot." Flame said, Iris sighed. "But at the end of the day dad, he's been supportive of this as well." Iris said to her father. "I think it's going to take something to get him back into it." Flame said. "Him in the air? But it's been so long." Iris said. "I think he could still have it, not mention he was a good backseater as well." Flame said which caused both Bradley's and Iris's eyes to widen. "Wait... he was a weapons system officer?" Iris questioned. "For like a hot minute, but if he were to sit back seat he would know what to do, but he wanted to fly." Flame finished.

"Do you think mother would've flown?" Iris asked. Flame sighed, "She was planning to then that damn leukemia got her and she had no choose but to continue to do what she was doing." Flame explained. "You mean she was still teaching while battling it?" Iris questioned her father and He nodded. "I've never knew that." Iris mumbled and her father sighed. "She was set on it but to think how big her smile would be if she knew her daughter took after her father." Flame said. "You think she would've been supportive, I feel she would've been overprotective like Mrs. Bradshaw was with both Bradley and I." Iris added. Flame smiled at his daughter. "Indeed, but Mrs. Bradshaw had every right to be protective, let me tell you both something, parents or those who adore you will always be protective but at the same time,it's your choice, of course they aren't going to like it but at the end of the day, they'll still be protective of you while supporting you like I am to the both of you." Flame explained to the both of them.

Bradley smiled at him. Iris looked at the clock. "I better get ready, I'll be back quickly love." Iris said as she kissed the top of Bradley's head. Then she looked at her father, "Don't you say a word dad." She said sternly which caused him to chuckle. "I wasn't going to say a word, now hurry along now." Flame said as she ran to her room to get ready.

"Back to the Maverick thing, I see why he did it but at the same time he shouldn't have done it, it's up to you find out the reason which means having conversation you don't wanna have but it's a must to get your answer." Flame said. "Thank you sir but mostly thank you for being there for me, especially when I lost my dad." Bradley said. Flame smiled softly. "Your father was a good man, you've turned out like him." Flame said which caused Bradley to smile.

Iris walked back out, She smiled. "Are you ready to go?" Iris asked Bradley and he nodded. "You two have fun." Flame said as they both reached the front door. "If this is what I think it is, don't go easy on those pilots there Iris especially that Hangman fellow, kick their asses!" Flame exclaimed. "Father!" Iris exclaimed as Bradley lost it. "I am just saying, how in the world did he get the callsign hangman.... oh forget it, but seriously have fun you two." Flame said. Iris smiled and closed the door.

...................