[11]

He told me not to think

Her eyes flutter opened, "Holy shit." She said to herself as she got up. She saw that she was tangled in the parachute, then she thought her dad. "Oh he must be worried sick, my uncle and Rooster..." She said as she thought. "At least. I'm not dead." She said to herself as she had managed to get herself out of the parachute.

"Now how am I going to get back?" She questioned herself. As she was thinking, she heard a helicopter in the distance. Phantom eyes widen and she started running quickly to take cover. They spot her and they began to shoot at her. She hid behind a tree as the bullets flew. "Holy shit." Phantom groaned as she spot the helicopter turned around and faced her. Before she knew it, the helicopter ended up in flames.

Then she sees Rooster's plane, who then got hit by SAM's. Phantom panic for a moment until she saw parachute. "Holy shit." She muttered and ran that direction. "Please let him be fine, Please let him be fine." She muttered as she ran.

She ran until she found him getting out of his parachute. "Bradley!" She yelled as she gotten closer. "Iris! Are you alright?" He asked. "Yeah, are you?" She asked as she gotten closer. "Yeah." Rooster said to her. "Good." She said as she then pushed him on the ground. "What the hell!" She exclaimed.

"Iris, what the hell?" He says angrily as they both threw their helmets onto the ground. "What are you doing out here?" She questioned him angrily. "What am I doing here?" He questioned her back. "I didn't take that missile so you could be down here with me, you should be back on the carrier by now!" Phantom shouted. She was in his face even thought she was much shorter then him.

"I saved your life!" He yells then getting on her level. "I saved your life! That's the whole point, whet the hell were you thinking!" She exclaimed as she backed away. "Maverick told me not to think!" He exclaimed back. She nodded knowing that he was correct on that. He throws his arms up as she took a moment to catch her breath then they made eye contact. Phantom couldn't but pull him into a hug, he held onto her. "Oh my father must be worried sick." Phantom said. "He was one of the reasons I came to save you, Iris, I can't watch your father lose another person he loves even when I love that same person." Bradley explained. She pulled away and looked her boyfriend. She smiled and pressed her lips onto his then pulled away.

"Now Phantom, how are we getting out of this Darling?" He asked her. She bit the inside of her cheek then something came to mind, "Follow me." She said as she got her helmet off the ground then took off running.

............

"You're not serious?" Bradley questioned the woman. He looked through the binoculars, "You gotta be kidding me. An F-14?" Bradley said as he looked ahead. "My Dad, Uncle even Maverick shot down three MIGS in one of those." Iris commented. "You don't even know if that bag ass can fly." He said to her. She looked at him, "Well... let's find out then." She said as she got up making her way to the runway. "Iris!" Bradley whisper shouts after her, "Okay.." He said to himself as he got up and followed her.

They start walking through their runway, Iris was nervous going through there. "There's guys up there, Iris." Rooster points out to her. "Yep..." She responded. "Then there's more over there." Rooster points out the other direction. "Alright... Let's start running then shall we, love." Phantom responds. "Yeah... run."

...............

The both of them came up to the plane. Phantom looked over everything, she sighed. "It needs gas." Phantom said then her and Rooster got to work on connecting to the hoses to get plane started. "I got the flying, you can be WSO." Phantom said as she was getting ready to board to make sure everything working fine. "You got this?" She said as she pointed out the hoses. "Yeah but you sure you got the flying down." He asked her and she chuckled. "I am a Sommers, I got this love." She assures him and he smiles at her. She sat down in the plane, looked at the thing in front of her. "How in the world did they fly this?" She questioned herself. "How's everything looking Iris?" Rooster asked her.

She looked at everything, she sighed at relief when she saw Gas and things were increasing and almost full. "Everything looking good, you can start unconnecting the hoses, let's get home." Phantom said to him as she started getting the plane started up. As soon got the hoses off, he climb in behind her, he looked at what was in front of him. "I know this thing is prehistoric but you'll figure it out." Phantom said to him and he nods at her.

She pulls the plane out then looks ahead. "Holy shit... they really destroyed this thing." Phantom muttered as she looked at the crumbled runway. "Both runway are cratered. How are we going to get this museum piece in the air?" He questioned him. She thought for moment, then shook her head. She pressed the buttons to bring the wings out. Rooster looked out and noticed the wings, "Why are the wings coming out, Iris?" He questioned her. She smiled a bit. "Because.." She answered.

"Iris, this is a taxiway, not a runway. This is a very short taxiway." Rooster says to her. She smiled a bit. "I know, just hang on." She tells him as she starts to accelerate. "Holy Shit!" He exclaimed as she took off quick. "Here we go!" She exclaimed "Holy shit!" Rooster exclaimed as they barely make it over the bridge then losing their front wheel in the process. "Well that went well, let's fly this fossil and get home." Phantom tells Rooster, he smiles at her.

.............