Bungie's Diner

BRANDY side glanced at Eddie as he dug around the glovebox, "What are you looking for?" She asked as her eyes quickly darted back to the road.

"Cassettes," He shortly answered, his brows furrowed. The boy didn't look back at her, his attention solely on finding some music for the silent car ride.

"They're inside my door." Brandy sighed, her eyes stayed glued on the road while one hand moved down to grab a handful of cassettes from her door. It made her nervous to even take one hand off of the wheel in the manner that she was. She dropped the tapes between them with the clacking of plastic against plastic and the thud of the cloth seat. Eddie picked them up, his eyes darting across the names and songs.

"Bob Segar?" He laughed, turning the tape around to show her.

"My uncle Leroy gave me that one," She laughed. "He owns a record store so I get free things sometimes."

"Leroy..." Eddie said in questioning. "Leroy," He said again. "Leroy!" Eddie finally exclaimed in realization.

"You know Leroy?" Brandy asked, turning in her head for a brief moment to look at him.

"Yeah, he's always got the newest Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath in the store," Eddie said as his eyes looked over the cassettes. "Mötorhead," Eddie announced while he struggled with the cassette player.

"It's kind of tricky, it's why I don't fool with it." Brandy said to him, her hands gripping the steering wheel tighter. She looked down at the boy, he was half hunched over her radio, his tongue on his upper lip in concentration while he tried to get the tape to play.

"It won't eat your tape will it?" He stopped suddenly, looking at her with a twinge of worry as he held the cassette to his chest like it was a child.

"No," She shook her head. "No, it shouldn't, it's just difficult when it comes to playing tapes,"

"Well, in that case," Eddie said strained while he struggled to push the cassette in. The click of the tape rewinding sounded, "Mötorhead it is." The boy grinned as the fast-paced beat of the drums to Overkill played over the speakers.

"So where are we going again exactly?" Brandy asked.

"Why cheapest, yet, the best food Hawkins has to offer." Eddie turned to her leaning his body against the door.

"Which is?" she asked with a chuckle.

"Bungie's Diner!" He said dramatically.

"I haven't been there since I was in middle school," Brandy shook her head.

"Best fries in town." He said matter of factly. "Best food period." Eddie declared.

"I always remember the milkshakes being the best things they had." Brandy admitted. "Then again I'm a sucker for anything ice cream related." She told him with a shrug.

"Sweet, savory, spicy." Eddie named off.

"Come again?" Brandy gave him a curious glance.

"The holy trinity of snack flavors." The brown-headed boy wagged a finger. "Savory could be switched out with sour but only in drink form." Eddie admitted.

"Is that in any particular order?" Brandy let out a laugh at his odd rant.

"Normally you go for savory before you go for spice, but you always eat the sweet after the spice." He explained, leaning his head back against the window. "You should give it a try, you know," He leaned towards her. "Since you have that pantry collection and all." The boy teased.

Brandy pulled her car into the small parking lot that belonged to the diner. She pulled her little car into a shaded area, avoiding the hot blaze of the afternoon sun. Eddie grabbed his little lunchbox from the floorboard, pulling out some crumpled-up money that no doubt smelled of the drugs that also sat within the tin box.