Propositions

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?" Dustin looked at Eddie with an interested look on his young features.

"She just walked off," Eddie motioned his hand as he complained.

"Well you did something," Sinclair nodded. "Max never gets mad at me unless I do something to make her mad first."

"Max is always mad," Dustin added.

"I'm sitting right here," The redhead threw her hands up, a sarcastically tight-lipped smile on her face. "Sounds like she's more mad at that Angie girl than you," She added her opinion.

"Then why did she snap at me?" He turned his attention to the girl, deciding that the other teenaged boys opinion was useless compared to hers.

"She's probably just jealous," She shrugged.

"Jealous?" He repeated.

"You're the one who knows her, not me." Max huffed.

"I thought you guys were just friends?" Dustin repeated Eddie's words to him.

"Henderson?" Eddie sighed.

"Yup?" He nodded.

"Shut up," Eddie blinked at him.

"Oh, so you like like her?" Dustin continued.

"Didn't I just tell you to shut up?" Eddie groaned.

"Why would Brandy be jealous of Angie?" Lucas questioned with a confused expression. "She's so annoying."

"I don't know, she was being really touchy with me," Eddie shrugged.

"Brandy or Angie?" Dustin asked.

Max placed a palm to her face, "Jesus," She rolled her eyes. "You're all clueless. If Angie was being touchy that would explain why Brandy snapped at you."

"I was going to give Brandy a ticket to homecoming," Eddie mumbled. "But she stormed off."

"Then you need to give it to her when she's not annoyed." Max told him.

"If she's annoyed wouldn't that put her in a better mood?" Dustin asked.

Max rolled her eyes as she slowly turned her head in his direction, "How do you have a girlfriend?" She asked him.

"Well, I-" The boy began.

"I didn't ask because I wanted an answer," She held up a hand, cutting him off. "Don't listen to him," Max shook her head. "Just sweet talk her a little bit if that's what she likes, then ask her."

"I could take her to a diner we used to go to?" Eddie suggested.

"Does she like the diner?" Lucas questioned.

"I think?" Eddie said unsurely. "She's not really a complainer."

"Just talk to her, I wouldn't make it a grand gesture, she doesn't seem the type." Max instructed.

"So no diner?" Eddie placed his hands on the cafeteria table, his rings clacking against the surface.

"Just take her somewhere nice, I wouldn't have a crowd," Max said, sliding her headphones over her fiery head. "I gotta go, I'm gonna miss the bus."

"Okay," Eddie let out a sigh.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

"Where are we going Eddie?" Brandy asked, scratching at her bicep nervously.

"You seem stressed, wanted to help you out," He told her as he dragged her through the woods behind his house.