Minor Conflict and Major Vandalism

BRANDY took a deep breath as she exited the car, music could be heard within the house as teens poured in and out of cars and into the Carver residence. She looked at Jameson as he got out of the vehicle, feeling oddly calm, probably the tequila, Brandy thought to herself.
She watched silently and skeptically as Jason walked onto the already messy lawn, littered with solos and candy wrappers. Brandy mustered up the most nonchalant expression she could as the boy walked his way over to Jameson's ford sierra, beer in hand.

"Glad you could make it," He smiled at Brandy, there was something in his voice. Something insincere that was meant for only Brandy to be able to hear and decipher as a phony tone.

"Yeah," She said slowly, ignoring his calculated demeanor. "Me too."

"Jason!" Chrissy called, fumbling out of the car, she clung to his chest, giving him a loving peck on the cheek.

Jason seemed oddly happy as he looked down at Chrissy, such a drastic change from how he spoke to Brandy or his friends. The boy wrapped an arm around the strawberry blonde's lower back, gazing down at her lovingly. "Somebody's tipsy." He laughed in her ear.

"Watch her tonight, Carver." Tate chuckled. "She's a lightweight," She girl grinned at Chrissy.

"Yeah, well, let's get you some coffee, don't need you blacking out before it's midnight." Jason wrapped an arm around the girl, guiding her across the lawn.

"He's so gentle with her," Brandy muttered.

"Right?" Tate agreed. "It's weird,"

"I mean they are dating, you two," Tracie added, climbing out of the car.

"Yeah, but..." Tate sighed. "When has Jason ever spoken to you like an equal?" She asked. "It's like he thinks he's above you,"

"Can we not discuss this right now?" Tracie asked. "I'm too sober for this conversation."

"Amen to that," Brandy smoothed out the skirt of her dress with a nod as she made her to the door of the home.

If Brandy had to endure the next few hours full of drunk meat heads and bitchy girls whispering things about her like she couldn't hear them, she wasn't going to do it sober. So the first thing Brandy did as she entered Carver's house was head straight for the punch bowl that sat on a countertop just beside the kitchen. Naturally, Tracie was already hunched over the large glass bowl, giving herself a large helping into a cup with a ladle.

"Pour me some, fruit and all," Brandy told the girl with a long sigh.

"Yes, ma'am." Tracie said with a grin.

Brandy looked around at the party, a sea of drunk teens dancing and hopping around to a Pat Benatar song. While she still could, Brandy decided to do a head count, Tracie was beside her, Jameson off talking to Tate in the corner, and Chrissy was giggling up next to Jason on a sofa. With a sigh, she looked back at Tracie, who had an uncharacteristically stoic expression on her face.

"What's wrong?" Brandy asked as they manoeuvered into the slightly quieter kitchen. Tracie handed Brandy the solo cup before she leaned against the countertops. Brandy plugged her nose, tipping back the cup she gulped the gross liquid down with a grimace. "That's witch-hazel, straight up witch-hazel." She mumbled into the cup, ignoring her gag reflex.

Tracie let out a sigh, looking through the open doorway of the kitchen that peered into the living room. "I wish she'd give him a chance," She admitted.

Brandy looked up at Tracie as she picked the strawberries and cherries out from the bottom of her glass, "Who?" she asked, chewing slowly on the liquor-soaked fruits. "Tate and Jameson?" Brandy furrowed her brows.