Reefer Rick

THE pair of teens pulled into the gravel driveway, Brandy looked at Eddie skeptically once her eyes found the lake behind the home. The sun sparkled on the water, like sheets of crystals. It was quite pretty if she stopped to think about and appreciate it. But her mind soon found a new thing to ponder about. The home was cabin-like, with a shitty station wagon that looked to be on its last leg stationed close to the door.

"What?" He asked looking at her, putting the van in park.

"Huh?" She hummed, her eyes examining the property around her.

"You look, I don't know, perplexed." Eddie shrugged at her.

"Not what I expected," She said, tearing her eyes from the home.

"Yeah," Eddie sighed, opening up his door. "Wait till you see the inside." he raised his brows at the girl. Eddie went to close the door, stopping short just of. "You coming?" he asked her.

"I won't-" Brandy cleared her throat. "I won't like, get in trouble or anything for being here right?" She asked. "Legally?"

"Not unless you tell anyone," He shook his head.

"And you won't tell anyone?" The girl asked him, her eyes serious.

"That's a bit of an obvious answer, Leblanc." He said to her in humor. The look on her face made him sigh in defeat. "I won't," He held out his pinky to her. "I promise." The boy reassured.

"Okay," Brandy nodded, wrapping her pinky with his.

"You would think you're the one buying the shit." Eddie laughed, closing his door as she got out.

"What's that supposed to mean?" she asked, her pace of walking speeding up so that she could keep up with the taller teen.

"Means you're nervous," He told her as they approached the door. He grabbed her shoulders and turned her body to his, "I'm going to need you to look less like you've never been to a drug deal before."

"I haven't been to a drug deal before," She told him in a quick whisper.

"Just-" He gripped her shoulders tighter, "Just pretend you have."

Brandy nodded silently as Eddie turned, ringing the doorbell. She turned to Eddie, grabbing his forearm she pulled him closer. "Maybe I should wait in the car," She whispered.

"It'll be fine just-" Eddie was interrupted by the door opening.

"Hey man," A man, probably mid-twenties, answered the door. He had sandy blonde hair, tussled and nearly greasy. His clothes were raggedy with an oversized brown shirt with stains and baggy jeans. The man held out a hand, clasping it with Eddie he pulled him in for a short hug. "About time you came by," He clapped him on the shoulder. "Was starting to think you found a new guy."

"Nobody beats you, Rick," Eddie chuckled as the man held open the door for the two teens on his doorstep.

"Hell yeah!" Rick cheered. Eddie grabbed Brandy's wrist, pulling her into the house.

She fought the urge to scrunch her nose at the strong smell of weed in the home. There was no doubt it would stick to her if they stayed for too long. Rick shuffled around his home for a moment. "If I knew you were bringing somebody besides your sorry self I would've ordered a pizza or something." He laughed.

Eddie let out a chuckle, leaning against the countertop in the kitchen. "Oh is my sorry self not enough for you?" He asked in jest. "I thought we had something special here, Rick." Eddie gestured between the two. "What do I look like?" He asked. "Just another hot piece of ass for you?"