His Majesty's Castle

BRANDY glanced at Eddie, "Turn where?" She asked in confusion.

"The next left," Eddie pointed with his index and middle finger, a cigarette hanging loosely between them. "Forrest Hills," He told her once the sign was within reading distance. Brandy slowed to a near stop before turning into the trailer park, "You know you can just cut it right? You won't tip the van." he said with a laugh.

"It's like driving in a bathtub, I can't even see over the hood." She complained as she drove slowly through the neighborhood, minding the children playing hopscotch and riding bikes before it got too dark.

"Maybe we'll get you a phone book to sit on next time." He joked. "This one," Eddie pointed to a white trailer, a small awning sat above a beige couch on the miniature porch, with an old green outdoor carpet covering it.

"You'll need more than one phone book then," She laughed, pulling next to an old green pickup truck. "This thing is ludicrously large." Brandy muttered putting the van in park and turning off the engine.

"Maybe a booster seat then." Eddie grinned as he hopped out of the passenger side.

"Very funny," She sarcastically grumbled, exiting the vehicle as well. A small cat, calico in color, rubbed against the pant leg of her jeans. "Well, hey." Brandy greeted in a high-pitched tone, bending down to scratch the feline's back.

"That's Ozzy," He told her.

"Ozzy?" She looked up at him.

"Yeah, like Osbourne." He shrugged.

"You named your cat after Ozzy Osbourne?" The blonde forced down a smile. "I'm not making fun," She clarified seeing the look on his face. "Just curious."

"Not my cat," He shook his head. "I just feed him and sneak him in if it's extra cold."

"Not your cat but you name him, shelter him, and feed him?" She asked. "That sounds like your cat." The teen said in a doubtful tone, regardless if it came from a place of kidding.

"He brings me dead bats and birds occasionally," Eddie told her as Brandy whispered an 'ew'. The brunette extended his arm, wiggling his fingertips at her.

"Hence Ozzy?" She asked, intertwining their hands.

"Hence Ozzy," He confirmed pulling her to her feet roughly.

Brandy beamed at him before looking back to the cat who now sat leisurely on the hood of the van. "He's cute," She observed. "Cuter than the owner at least." The blonde teased looking back at him.

"Take it back," He said in mock offense.

"I don't think I will," the girl tittered, biting on her bottom lip with amusement shining in her eyes.

Eddie didn't know how to respond, he just looked at her. Watching the way her face lit up as she poked fun at him, the curve of her mouth when she grinned, looking at her brown eyes look up at him through her dark lashes. Maybe Dustin was right, maybe he did gawk. The brunette was brought back to reality when he felt the girls thumb tap on the back of his hand. "Sorry," He mumbled, pulling his still interlocked fingers apart from hers.

Brandy pursed her lips, looking down bashfully as she stepped away from him. "It's fine," She said practically silently, picking at her fresh manicure Nancy had done only a day prior.

"Uh," He cleared his throat. "Welcome to my humble abode, Lady Golden Curls." Eddie gave a bow, hopping up the short stairs to open the front door.

"Never call me Golden Curls again," Brandy let out a laugh as she walked up the concrete steps and into the home.