"What are your dreams about Alan?"

<Earlier on that afternoon>
[In Alan's hospital]
(Third person P. O. V)
In that afternoon in the hospital, Gordon was lying on the edge of Alan's hospital bed and had his left arm around Alan's shoulders and the two of them were having a good brother catch up.
"You know which rescue was the funniest." Gordon said whilst trying to contain his laugh.
"Which one?" Alan curiously asked.
"The one when Scott was down in that uranium mine and he was arguing with that girl and Virgil was trying to make them stop." Gordon laughed.
Alan was laughing at that as well and then said.
"I remember that one. My favourite bit was when she was in that mech suit and started to attack him in it."
The pair of them then carried on laughing. When they stop laughing, Gordon gently gave Alan a side ways hug then said.
"I can't wait till you come home Alan. It hasn't been the same without you."
"Neither can I Bro," Alan happily started saying, "if truth be told, I actually want to get of here now. I miss all of you and want to recover from my ordeal there now."
Gordon was happy to see how Alan wants to come home but he could obviously see that something was bugging Alan so he gently pulled Alan closer to him and sweetly asked.
"Al, I know you're probably going to hate this but you know your dreams what are they about?"
Alan gave out a big sigh as he knew that he had to tell someone about his dreams so he slowly said.
"They're actually a mixture of dreams and flashbacks. In the dreams, I'm in a dark place and all I hear is voices saying 'you're a failure' over and over again till I end up screaming. As for the flashbacks, I keep seeing the Hood's men beating me and the Hood evilly smiling at me."
When Alan was finished, he went quiet and used the back of his hand to wipe away his tears that were falling down his face. In the moment, Gordon gently put Alan's head on his left shoulder and began to comfort him. Whilst Alan was still crying, Gordon then lovingly said
"Now you listen to me Alan. Don't believe what that dream says because you are not failure Alan, you're our little brother. We all care about you Al and if Dad was here right now he'll tell you the same thing I'm telling you. Okay?"
Alan lifted his head and looked right at Gordon's face and gently whispered.
"Ok, thanks Gordon."
Gordon, whilst holding Alan closer to him, then surprisingly said.
"No problem little brother. Alan, I've got something to tell you and I know you're probably going to be very surprised that this is coming from me."
"What's that Gordon?" Alan curiously asked. Gordon took a deep breath and then honestly said.
"I've always cared you even if I don't show it because you know, I'm the prankster of the family."
"Really?" Alan surprisingly said.
"Yeah I do and I sometimes worry about you when you go on rescues in thunderbird 3 on your own. Remember when you and Kayo went to rescue Ned Tedford from the asteroid and John lost radio communication with you and Kayo. We were all worried about you especially me because I was asking Brains about what the odds for you and Kayo to get out of that asteroid."
Alan chuckled at what Gordon said so he put his one hand on top of Gordon's hands then said.
"I know you all were and if you remember, not long after I rescued him, you had to rescue him from that oil tanker in the ocean. By the way, I do care about you too Gordon. You know when you found Dad's old ship, the mechanic grab a hold of TB4 and started crush you in it and we lost TB4 signal. I actually thought you were dead but I was glad you wasn't in the end."  Alan honestly admitted.
Gordon smiled when he heard Alan say that. He then brought Alan into another hug which Alan was happy to return. When they were done hugging each other, Gordon got off the bed to stretch his legs while Alan gently leaned forward to stretch out his back but started to looked worried which Gordon didn't fail to see.
"Hey Alan what wrong? Are you in pain?" Gordon concernedly asked whilst putting his hand on Alan's shoulder.
"A little bit but it's not that," Alan began saying, "I'm scared Gordon about my PTSD. What if I can't do rescues anymore or fly TB3 anymore."
In that moment, Alan started panic which Gordon didn't like seeing him in. He then sat on the side of the bed, held both of Alan's hands and started calm him down by sweetly saying.
"Alan listen to me, you are going to fly thunderbird 3 and do rescues because I'm going to make sure that you do and so is John since me and him are going to look after you when you come home and once we let others know about your dreams and flashbacks..."
"Wait a minute," Alan quickly interrupted, "I don't want Virgil, Scott or John to know yet. You can tell Grandma and everyone else but not them. Not just yet. Please Gordon?"
Gordon looked right into the baby blue eyes of his little brother and saw how scared he was. He then reassuringly squeezed Alan's shoulder and promisingly said.
"Ok little brother, if that's what you want then I won't tell Scott, John or Virgil just yet. We can just wait till the right time to tell them. Okay?"
Alan thought to himself for minute and then nodded his head in response. After the moment to themselves, Gordon then slid of the bed and then said.
"Come on then Rocket boy, let's get you looking tidy before our older brothers get here and don't worry I'll be careful of your ribs."
Alan laugh at bit and replied.
"F.A.B"
Gordon then fluffed up Alan's pillow and then gently laid Alan back while minding his ribs. When Alan was laid back, Gordon then tidied Alan's sheets and blankets and tucked them in under the bed. Just then Gordon noticed Alan was looking uncomfortable, he then concernedly asked.
"Alan, are you alright?"
"Not really," Alan honestly began saying, "Gordon, can you get the extra pillow from the cupboard? The nurse put one in there for my ribs."
"Yeah sure, no problem." Gordon replied.
Gordon then went into the cupboard beside Alan's bed to get the extra pillow. After getting the pillow, Gordon noticed a pair of grey bottoms and a long sleeve green top.
"Hey Alan, whats with these clothes in your cupboard?" Gordon asked whilst holding them.
"One of the nurses give them to me when I got over my flu. Before you came to see me with Lady Penelope and Parker but I couldn't put them on by myself without being in pain." Alan explained.
"Do you want me to help you put them Alan?" I think these are better than that hospital gown." Gordon suggestively asked.
"Yeah please, I really don't like this gown but please be careful with my ribs." Alan then said.
"Don't worry, I'll be careful." Gordon reassuringly said.
Alan smiled in response to our Gordon had just said. Gordon then helped Alan to get the bottoms on. Once the bottoms was on, Gordon then untied the back of the gown and gently helped Alan to take it off.
Once the gown was off, Alan put it next to him. Before Gordon put the top on, he saw all the bruises that was all over Alan's upper body. He frowned and didn't like seeing them on his little brother. Once the top was on, Gordon then helped Alan lay back on the bed and put the gown in the cupboard.
"How do the clothes feel Alan?" Gordon then asked.
"Ok," Alan replied, "better than the gown. It didn't really keep me warm."
"I'll bet," Gordon kindly said as he was putting the covers back over Alan.
After tucking the blankets and cover tidily over Alan, Gordon sat at the side of the bed and then said.
"Well since there is nothing else left to do we'll just wait for our big bros to come."
"What should we do in the meantime whilst we're waiting?" Alan then asked.
"Talk about our favourite rescues again." Gordon suggested.
"Ok then." Alan agreed.
So the two of them then carried on talking about their favourite rescues till visiting time.