chapt 54 • I Miss Her

With nowhere to go, I used the number Adam gave me and he paid for a driver to take me to his house instead of my idea to just find a hotel or something and figure it out from there

I was a wreck in the back seat of the car, crying to Adam that I just have to go and ruin every good thing there is for me.

He said it isn't true but it is, I didn't leave Hartford because I had enough credits and couldn't wait to get away from the hell hole, I left Hartford because there was so much I hadn't figured out.

Adam opens his door, and I wrap my arms around him and cry into his chest, he doesn't hesitate to hug me back.

"I miss her... I miss her so fucking much" I sob, my tears dampening, one of his hands on the top of my head while he continues to whisper "I know."

"I know you do, I do too... every day I miss her more and more" He placed his hands on my shoulders, "It's going to be okay Honey, come inside okay? I made you something to eat in case you were hungry"

He let me enter his home and brought my bags inside, "I don't mean to drop in on you like this... I could've gone to a hotel but I"—

He shushes me, telling me not to worry about it, "I don't mind at all, I'm glad you called me first before deciding on the hotel. I'd rather you stay here with me than somewhere alone"—

He stops when he sees that I'm still crying, "I don't want to talk about it... not right now at least. I just want you to tell me what she was like and good things about her"

I try and swallow the lump in my throat that hasn't disappeared since I told Alessio... I couldn't even think about it right now, how he feels.

Adam guides me to his large sofa, telling me to sit while he gets me water and I decline the food. I didn't have an appetite right now with everything going on in my head.

"What do you want to know?" He sits the glass in front of me and sits beside me.

"What she was like when you first met" I drink the water and he shakes his head with a small smile.

"Well she actually hated me if I'm being honest, she hated me for months straight because not only would we constantly get in trouble but it felt like we were always competing with each other when it came to being in trouble" He looks down at his tattoo.

"It was kinda one of those she hated me but I didn't hate her and only pretended to just to be around her sorta things. The woman was my addiction" He smirks, recalling the memories he had with my mother.

"I made sure to annoy her though, I liked the irritated look on her face when I did, how she would squint her eyes at me whenever she'd seen me and show me her middle finger whenever I joked around and asked her for a kiss" He twist the ring on his ring finger on his left hand.

"But I knew she wanted to kiss me because before she told me how much of a dumbass I was, her breath would hitch just slightly... I'm sorry I don't think this is what you meant by wanting to get to know her" He rubbed the back of his neck and I shook my head.