Prologue

Addison

Today is the final day before summer break and I am honestly glad. I am a freshman in college, and taking up a subject that I did not like was a bit stressful in the beginning. I wanted to major in Literature but due to my last minute enrollment, the only subject that was left was History. The subject I despised since middle school. But even though the subject itself is boring to me, I find myself enjoying little things the more I attend the class. I am currently on my way to class for our 18th century ball. As I was meeting up with some of my classmates, I was gaining a lot of weird glances from people who are not in my class, some even laughed. What can I expect? It's the 21st century, I am a plus sized woman in a dress that can hold three people. The material has many different patterns and pearls... I love pearls. I smiled gleefully because I went all out on this costume. I might not love the subject but I definitely love the 18th century dress code. 

As I arrived to my class,  I saw my close friend Kyle, we became friends after we both got stuck in a subject we hate so much, which is ironic because we still get to do some of our favorite things in the subject like dress up and read a lot. Kyle wanted to be in drama, because someday he would like to become a famous actor.  

"Well, look at you lovely lady" Kyle smiled holding the door for me

"It's your Highness to you" I smirked 

"I do apologize, Your Highness" He smirked back

"Only if I had a Prince" I sighed 

"Well am I not your Prince?" Kyle questioned 

"I don't know... are you?" I chuckled 

"Well dauh!" He said as our teacher finally walked into the class with a huge grin on her face, and to my surprise dress in a costume as well. 

"Class, I have a surprise for you all" Mrs. Grant said getting everyone's attention. "If you would all follow me out to the court yard, then you shall all see what your favorite teacher has done" She said and we all looked at her in confusion. 

"Courtyard?" One of my classmates asked 

"Oh and before I forget, each and everyone of you must stay in character... A+ goes to all who can do it" Mrs. Grant said "Now follow me" she said and everyone did as told quietly 

When we got to the opening outside, many other students from different classes were there, but they were no longer laughing, they seemed to be in awe. When I saw what everyone was gushing over, I myself was surprised. There were beautiful horses and carriages outside all along the driveways of the school. I personally am moved by this, Mrs. Grant must really love us. 

"You do this every semester?" I asked Mrs. Grant

"No, but this is the first time I am filled with a class who wanted different majors and got stuck in my class. So I vowed to myself to make this semester a wonderful one for both my students and I" She smiled 

"I actually fell inlove with this class unintentionally" I admitted to her 

"I know, Lady Riverdale" She nudged me making me look at her in confusion "Before you break character, here. And give this to Sir Kingsly" She said pointing to Kyle

I did as told and we both were looking over our papers as Kyle said "Eprium Kingsly... a Duke?" aloud and I knew all too well, that it was his name. 

"Well my name is Marlrowe Riverdale... a Dutchess" I said to him making him nod

"Lady Riverdale, Sir Kingsly" Mrs. Grant called 

"Lady Grant" Kyle said bowing to her 

"Your carriage is waiting, let's get going" She said pointing to one of the bigger carriages it was beautiful. White and Gold with a white horse and the chauffeur dressed in a tailored suit. I smiled at him