35

Addison

Lunch was surely interesting. In less than half an hour, Lady Danbury arrived on behalf of "The Return of Viscountess Bridgerton". I'm still getting used to that title after all this time. The conversation was mostly the huge elephant in the room, which were the twins and I. When lunch ended, Eloise had some matters of her own to attend, while Collin and Benedict had to carry out business matters Anthony wanted to postpone but couldn't. I glanced across the room and admired my husband as he sat on the floor playing with the twins along with Hyacinth and Francesca. 

"Fatherhood suits him" Voices Lady Bridgerton 

"It truly does" Lady Danbury agrees 

"I love that man with everything in me" I sighed "Don't get me wrong, the joy of being a mother will always be my main priority forever... but I just-, he's my husband"

"We both know what it is to be married, and I can tell you this, I miss Edmund every day yet I am never so grateful to anyone in this world as I am to him. He gave me everything I could ever dream of and most importantly, he prioritized our love" Lady Bridgerton says 

"I need a moment" I say on the verge of tears

"Do you ever think VISCOUNT BRIDGERTON WILL GIVE ME A CHANCE TO MEET THOSE LOVELY BABIES?" Lady Danbury asks loud enough to get his attention as I left the room 

I rushed down the hall in search of a private place. Suddenly I was face to face with the door of Anthony's study. I pushed it open and closed it behind me for some privacy, and immediately began pacing the floor to shake away all the sudden emotions I was feeling. As I was pacing, something caught my attention and I went to investigate it. I proceeded to the cabinet where a portrait of myself was hanging, and to my discovery, it was a letter addressed to me with Anthony's seal. Smiling, I quickly broke the seal to the letter and pulled out the folded piece of paper. 

As I began to read the letter, I realized he had just written this letter today. My smile was soon replaced with a deep frown, and by the end of the letter, my heart was completely shattered. My legs felt as if they were replaced with jelly, because I immediately flopped to the ground and began crying. I could no longer hold my tears back.

"Addison?" I heard him call out behind me "What's wrong darling?" He asks rushing to my aid

"You" I sobbed "You were planning on leaving me Anthony?" I asked hitting his chest over and repeatedly "How could you" I cried harder 

"I-I'm sorry" Was all he said before pulling me into his chest and holding me close. I sat there crying, it was all I could do as he began crying as well. "It was hard Addison, truly hard. I was cursed with seeing your beautiful face every night living a wonderful life with the twins, without me in it. You all looked so happy, after a while I thought you would never come back to me." 

"I wanted to see you, I prayed every night that you would visit my dreams" I say lowly "But I was determined to make it back here to you" 

"So what took you so long?" He questioned 

"I never found a portal until today, well no. It never opened until today. I wanted to be here with you a long time ago." I say pulling his face so that he would face me 

"I thought you would forget about he" He says blankly and I can tell all too well he was serious 

"Trust me, I made it known that I could never forget you" I say to him 

"How so?" He questions intently 

"You'll find out soon enough" I smiled wearily 

"Why did you run off back there?"