15

Addison

Dear Diary, 
It has been exactly two weeks since the Viscount has proposed to me, our courtship began almost instantly. I must admit though, Anthony Bridgerton is one tenacious man. A part of me wants to love him, while the major part of me is well... back home. Although my whole life home has never been home since my mother died. I never really fitted in, which is why I left home and I never planned to return after college. But even so, my family was merely a flight or two away. Now, they're all centuries away. That's where the dilemma is. I'm afraid that loving Anthony will get me caught up too much in this timeline, don't mistake me though, I definitely like him enough to be his wife... but to just start a new life and forget about my past life? Without any warning? It's going to be hard. 
~Xoxo Traveler

After putting away my journal, I laid in my bed wide awake. It's night and I cannot seem to fall asleep. It has been two weeks since I've slept in the same room as the Viscount. Some nights I ask Kathrine to sleep with me, while others I had just been consumed with my thoughts. Aside from not sleeping though, I have written a few letters to Mr. Hargreeves about the Viscount and I and he is most pleased to be invited to our wedding. At least I'll have someone who feels more like family, since he too is not from this time. I really wish I had my grandfather to walk me down the aisle. 

I got up out of my bed and began pacing the floor. My thoughts were consumed with old memories... the ones I had with my family members, which is now only a  figment of my imagination. I could start a new life here, somewhere I seemingly fit in, or go back home and be with my family although that comes with a lot of grief since my mother is no longer living. Pushing my thoughts aside, I found myself barefooted climbing off of my bedroom balcony in nothing but a nightgown and a cloak thrown across my shoulders. As my feet hit the grass and the night chill hit my skin, I raced to the barn in the darkness, following the dimly lit lanterns that scatter across the house. As quietly as I can, I entered the stable. My Jacks baby was asleep, I opened the door to get to her, 

"Jacks" I whispered rubbing behind her ear. Nothing. "Jacks" I said again this time still nothing. "Jacksywaxyyyyyy" I said holding up her ear. She got up rather quickly that time. Smiling in triumph, she glared at me as if I'm stupid. 

"Come on girl, I can't sleep" I said walking back out of her stall, she simply followed suit as if she understood and began rubbing her head on my back. I led her out of the stable and shut the door back. 

"I need a ride to Mr. Hargreeves, please" I said to her. As if she really knew what I meant, she lowered herself as if she was about to drink water to make it much easier to straddle her. When I was comfortable enough, I steered her in the direction towards Mr. H's residence and we were off. I took in the cold breeze crashing against my skin. Within no time, Jacks was skidding into Mr.Hargreaves barn. I guided her into a stall and hopped off of her back. As my feet came in contact with the ground, my head became light and my feet seemed as if they were going to give out on me. Jacks as if again she knew what was going on, jerked her body to catch my weakened one. After a minute or so, I pushed off of her to hurl into the little pile of hay in the corner.

I gathered myself and went to the front door of Mr. Hargreaves home. I carefully knocked with my now regained strength and waited. About 7 minutes into my knocking, he yanked the door open with a look of concern on his face.

"Addison?" He questioned. I could tell he had just woken up. "Hurry on in here girl" he said pulling me in carefully and looking out the door to see if anyone was around."What happened to you? You reek of pure vomit young lady" 

"I-I couldn't sleep, so I came here quickly and by the time I got to your stable, I was a bit light headed and I almost fell over. After I regained my balance, I had to vomit." I admitted