2

Addison

Dear Diary,

I had come to realize this is not a dream, although every night I prayed that it was. My English accent has gotten much better, and I found out that I am in the year 1814 and I must say, History classes paid off to an extent. It was approximately one month ago that I arrived here from the year 22. Although the only people I have spent most of my time around are my teachers and Lady Danbury, I found my time here to be exciting. Today is the day I get to meet Queen Charlotte. I read about her in class and I must say it would indeed be an honor to meet her. But for the other part, which is me attending a Debutants ball, I don't think I would really enjoy it much. I got this white and silver gown made, along with a crown that has long white feathers that almost touch the ceilings. I must now go get dressed, hopefully nobody really sees me in this ridiculous dress. 

I wrote my daily log in my journal and quickly hid it in the ceiling in my closet. I then returned to putting on my clothes.

"Lady Danbury," I said the way my instructor taught me 

"Lady Riverdale" She smiled using the name we both thought was best I keep

"I do believe this is not for me" I giggled  

"Well dearest, if you shall believe it, so shall it be. I would advise you to believe it is for you and when you do, so shall I" She said giving me her infamous smirk of approval.

"I have never been so afraid of something as such in my entire life" I admitted to her

"There comes a time in a young lady's life that she feels most beautiful and this social season is your turn. And once you're married, you will learn to embrace being the beautiful gem that you are. Some marry for love, some marry for wealth, and some marry for a proper life for themselves and their future children. The choice is yours. But just know I will be guiding you every step of the way" she said to me "So young lady, remember chin up, and smile that beautiful smile" she said lifting my chin and ushering me out of my bedroom.

******
At the Queen's Residence

"I am just one in the lot... Perhaps I shall wait for next season" I said standing in the crowded hall of debutantes such as myself

"Perhaps you should not. And if you're lucky enough, you just might end up with this season's eligible bachelor." I heard somebody say making me look away from Lady D

"Miss Eloise Bridgerton," Lady Danbury said to the young lady who stood before us

"Lady Danbury" she mumbled greeting the older lady and turning towards me "Who might you be," she said extending her hand towards me

"I am Addison, Addison Riverdale" I smiled politely at her as she shook my hand.

Just then an older Lady who appears to be her mother came along with a frantic look on her face. "Eloise, please stop running off. You've nearly given me a heart attack." She said sighing in relief. "Lady Danbury" She smiled as if they were good friends.

"Lady Bridgerton" Lady D greeted back and they both shared a look and I knew right then that the two are good friends.

"How is it that you can breathe in all of these corsets?" Eloise asked now breathing in and out

"Well, my mama taught me how to wear them and what to expect from wearing them all day" I chuckled as she glanced at me in pity

"Did your mama do it as a punishment to you Miss Riverdale?" Eloise asked seriously making me chuckle a bit

"It didn't feel as if I was being punished because I was able to take it off if I wanted. But I would rather wear tight corsets for the rest of my life if it would bring my mama back" I said in honesty making Lady D look back at me. Hopefully, I didn't say anything wrong.