i.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ʜᴀᴡᴋɪɴs, ɪɴᴅɪᴀɴᴀ ⇢ ᴇᴀʀʟʏ sᴇᴘᴛᴇᴍʙᴇʀ 𝟙𝟡𝟠𝟝

        IT WAS A WEIRD day for evelyn miller when she had to get up for school, considering it was for the first time since she was fourteen. normally, she would get up to the sound of her angel of a grandmother, louellen. her mama lou was making her complete her senior year at an actual high school; she felt it was necessary because she had already given up so many years of being a kid as it was, she'd said.

eve had taken care of mama lou when she fell ill with osteoporosis, an immobilizing disease that couldn't be cured. she gave her almost four years of basically uninterrupted care and love, but it wasn't just for lou; she adored her grandmother and wouldn't trade the time for the world.

she knew the older woman was right to send her back, though. she always had been right about nearly everything.

"evelyn lucille! you better be getting ready! you know i can't physically force you, but i will yell and yell until you do. and if that doesn't work i'll have grace kick your butt," the woman yelled from her bedroom, tucked in snug as a bug in a rug.

the girl groaned dramatically, "yes mama lou, whatever you wish!" she brushed her long brown hair trying to make it tame, threw some mascara on and looked herself over in the mirror. a metallica band tee was thrown on loosely with blue jeans that fit her figure quite well if she did say so herself.

but that confidence quickly flew out the window when she went to put her white high tops.

evelyn was beyond nervous. she had become quite the recluse. the only people she had really come into contact with besides mama lou and the people at the grocery store were her cousins—the wheelers. they were great but she didn't really fit in with them. they shopped at the gap, she... did not. they were involved in the community, she was not. mike was the only one who really saw her for who she was and would occasionally come say hi or usually just tell her about his latest d&d escapade with his cool new older friend.

"you would really like him, eve. he's kind of like you." mike would say.

but mike's cool new older friend just so happened to be one of the few people eve actually missed from her life before: eddie munson. he was the definition of cool to her, even though she hadn't even made contact in four long years. she figured it would just be best to cut ties rather than try to balance everything. she was very wrong about that though and she knew it. the truth was that she was terrified to get close to another human being again. humans sucked and she hated being let down. that's why lou and her cat dio were her only friends, really.

that's not saying that evelyn didn't want to go with mike to see eddie so badly sometimes, but she already felt awful for not seeing him. leaving her grandma alone for even ten minutes to go to the grocery store was hard, too. thankfully, grace would be with her while she was in school. of course, the girl would never even dream about leaving her alone. she would rather just not graduate at all!