iv.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

        THE SUN SHONE THROUGH THE WINDOW as eddie munson carelessly sat on evelyn miller's bed like he had done it a thousand times before

        THE SUN SHONE THROUGH THE WINDOW as eddie munson carelessly sat on evelyn miller's bed like he had done it a thousand times before. his black denim-wearing legs spread and tattooed arms behind him, making himself at home as he looked around aimlessly. he was shamelessly taking in every detail of her room while the girl had gotten in her backpack and dragged out her personal gatsby book and pencils with a strange excitement.

learning had always made her happy. if she wasn't learning something new, what was the point of it all? besides, it kept her distracted from the outside world and also her tortured mind. evelyn held it together rather well for someone with major ptsd. her haunting memories from before were repressed and she planned to keep it that way; there was no need to break down the fortified wall that she so desperately needed to hold her sorry excuse for a life together.

so yes, she was compensating for the mess that was going on in that beautiful head of hers and yes, she was going to continue to do so until something stopped her.

or maybe someone.

and maybe that someone would be the very boy that sat so casually on her perfectly made bed in that moment. she still couldn't believe after all of this time he came off so cool; even if the stupid, overachieving jocks at school said otherwise, even if he did fail a couple times, even if he did make evelyn's face feel like it was on fucking fire every time he would say something remotely flirtatious. that boy was ice cold.

but evelyn didn't think he was the kind of cold where she'd want to run inside and stay there, but the kind where she'd bask in it. she would get herself a blanket and maybe a cup of hot cocoa and sit outside for awhile. he was a crisp autumn evening that she looked forward to every day.

evelyn had to have been staring at him for a long time because eddie lightly cleared his throat, "do i have something on my face?" she took her no. 2 pencil from her teeth and laughed.

"yeah, your face, ew." she immediately felt stupid for saying that, but she could be quite awkward. she facepalmed, "i'm sorry, i'm dumb sometimes."

"and adorable as hell," eddie remarked, showing his teeth with that cheeky grin. he sat up straight as if he didn't just say that and peered over at what eve was writing down. "whatcha doin'?" he asked her cutely.

damn him.

a warm blush once again crept upon her pretty face, "oh, i'm just writing down some main points and the plot and maybe some really good parts i want you to focus on." the girl smiled brightly at eddie, making his stomach do a flip.

he wasn't quite sure when in the few days of her return it had happened, but he was seriously infatuated with evie all over again. so much so that he thought he would actually try to graduate. it was ridiculous, but it was happening.