x.

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

        IT WAS ALL EVELYN could think about—his lips on hers

        IT WAS ALL EVELYN could think about—his lips on hers. the pleasant flips and twists in her stomach were driving her insane! she thought she couldn't get eddie off her mind before? there was no going back now, that much was for sure.

a sudden certainty rushed through the girl's veins. one that she had never experienced before and she could only come to the conclusion that she was indeed in love with eddie munson.

the strange thing was that she didn't feel scared; she felt more secure in her feelings than she ever had before. she was soaring. not only was her demeanor the cheeriest it had been in ages, but she also carried herself in a more confident way. who could blame her though? she and eddie had been so good. even though she felt this way, the normal anxieties never left her mind; she couldn't help it.

the days that followed their kiss were pretty great for evelyn; they, surprisingly, weren't spent with him at all though. as much as she wanted to remain glued to eddie for the rest of eternity, she had obligations that couldn't be ignored.

mama lou had been feeling much better lately and eve was taking full advantage of that. she spent the entire weekend with lou, chatting and gushing about a certain metal head and watching whatever movies lou wanted.

the older woman felt a sense of relief when she heard the news of their kiss, worried that evelyn would never break out of that shell of her and to the woman's surprise, the girl was doing more than that. she was absolutely flourishing.

she was watching her quickly transform into the person she was meant to be: confident, easy going, extraordinary. it made her more proud than she could fathom.

"are you going to bring him by again?" mama lou asked, a glint of mischief in her kind eyes.

"do you want me to?"

"well, i'd love to meet all of your friends, sunshine, but i'd especially like to see the boy that's got your spirits up like they are again." her hands were folded neatly in her lap, nails painted a baby pink. the giant diamond ring on her index finger weighing them down as she spoke.

"okay, well, i can make a dinner for us?" the nerves bubbled up in her stomach as soon as she spoke, resorting back to old habits almost as quickly as she thought she got rid of them. but alas, nothing is ever so easy.

"that would be splendid, evelyn! i would love that." the attached heart monitor sped up. "i'll have you buy me a new dress and you one too," a cough left her lips with a shaky breath.

"ma, you have to calm down. i don't know if all of this excitement is a good idea." evelyn rubbed her shoulder, trying to destress lou. as much as the woman was feeling better, she was still eighty-four years old and needed to be careful.