vi

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

        THAT EVENING, EDDIE MUNSON made absolutely sure everything was perfect for the campaign

THAT EVENING, EDDIE MUNSON made absolutely sure everything was perfect for the campaign. of course, he was usually a perfectionist and always wanted everything to go smoothly, but this time was even more exceptional. evelyn would be there and he really wanted to impress her. he had to be at the top of his dungeon-mastering game!

his bedroom may have been messy, but this was his domain! he raced around that room fixing the crookedness of chairs and folders, making a cozy spot next to him where eve would soon sit. though when the guys walked in, it would all be in vain. he knew it would be a free-for-all and he would have to knock some sense into them so they wouldn't make fools of themselves.

gareth was always the first to show up, loud and proud, ready for a night of mischief and mayhem. but him being eddie's right hand man, he knew something was up right away. the table was visible for the first time since probably middle school and the room didn't smell of old musk.

"everything good, man?" he inquired. it was weird seeing him so flipped-out.

"uh, yeah, yeah! why does something not look right?" eddie was frantic now, heart racing. she'd be there any minute. he made an attempt to run his fingers through the tangled mop on his head which stressed him out even more. great, now i look like shit.

he ran to a hanging mirror on he other side of the room, trying desperately to fix his luscious locks while gareth stood watching in confusion.

"you look fine! what's going on?" gareth had never seen him like this, especially over some girl.

"nothing, man, just want things to go well and i look like i just rolled out of bed!" normally, looking like a complete mess wouldn't bother him one but, but the dungeon master was pacing now and gareth had to stop him in his tracks, hands on his denim collar.

"is this about eve? dude, get ahold of yourself. she's just a girl, what's so important about her?" eddie thought that the kid was either stupid or blind. everything was important about her!

he was angry that somehow gareth forgot just how much she meant to him. like he didn't even know how much grief he went through when they fell out of touch even though he picked up the pieces she left broken.

eddie had been practically in love with evelyn since he laid those big brown eyes on her in kindergarten. he may have been a year older, but back then all he saw was the prettiest, sweetest girl he had ever seen.

she would skip up to him in her sparkly, pink sneakers and pigtails, ready for recess and then eventually to sneak off to their spot in the woods.

evelyn would always try to incorporate eddie into her fun on the playground. she thought he needed someone to talk to since he always seemed so harsh on the outside, knowing he was as soft as they come. even back then, she would try to take care of others, so she made it her mission to befriend the quiet boy. thankfully, it was not for naught.