vii.

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

        "WHO DOES HE THINK he is? how does he think he can just do that and get away with it?" evelyn complained to robin over the phone

"WHO DOES HE THINK he is? how does he think he can just do that and get away with it?" evelyn complained to robin over the phone. she was referring to the seemingly random romantic gesture eddie had just laid on her that evening.

it had been driving her insane for the whole hour she had been home, cursing him and asking herself why he had to do such a thing! robin was the first person that popped into her mind that could help her. she could've gone to her grandmother, but she was sleeping and evelyn needed to talk to someone her own age.

"there was no flirting before that happened?" her light but raspy voice rang through the telephone.

the girl froze before answering and stared at her reflection in the mirror hanging on her closet door. her hair was a mess and so was she, still in the clothes she wore to hellfire a few hours ago.

"well, not really! just some light banter and maybe he was kind of sort of partial to me and bent the rules in our campaign, but it wasn't anything crazy!" she was talking almost too quickly for even robin to understand.

eve could almost hear robin roll her eyes, "eve, he's a nerd! that's basically him declaring his love for you and it's agonizing how oblivious you are."

she let out a groan and plopped on her bed, "so what do i do, oh wise one?"

"how i see it, you have two options: pretend it didn't happen, or do something about it. your pick." robin had shamelessly become pretty invested in evelyn's little love life. it gave her something else to think about besides steve harrington's annoying love triangle and the fact that she was single, so she hoped she'd pick the latter.

"i obviously have to do something about it! i've already lost four potential years and i don't want to lose more because i'm a scaredy cat."

"then get off the phone and go talk to him,"

"right now?" eve's voice squeaked. she wasn't prepared to see eddie right now let alone talk to him about that! her mind was playing tricks on her, what if he didn't like me like that and he was just playing with me to get my reaction?

but she knew that eddie was far too nice of a guy to do something like that. if anything, he'd think she was playing a joke on him!

her insecurities and general anxiety made for constant trouble in nearly everything she did. evelyn was stronger than that though, she just had to figure that out for herself.

in the end, eve decided she couldn't sleep without doing something—anything about this feeling she had in her gut. she couldn't wait til the morning to talk to him; this needed to happen now.