v.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

        THE REST OF THE NIGHT was spent staring at the colorful screen and evelyn enjoyed the movie more so than she had before

        THE REST OF THE NIGHT was spent staring at the colorful screen and evelyn enjoyed the movie more so than she had before. whether it had been from the marijuana she had previously smoked or her company that night, she wasn't sure. eddie seemed to really, truly like the movie and it made her so happy. for someone she cared so much about to share her love for something she adored... it was pure bliss.

eve excitedly turned to the boy as the credits rolled on the screen, "so what did you think, munson?"

he sucked his teeth for dramatics, "it was alright, miller. long as hell, but it was good!"

"okay, but did you learn anything?" she laughed lightly, really hoping he did.

"yeah, that you're like my own personal heater," eddie laughed and patted her thigh, letting it linger, but then took it off quickly not wanting to make her uncomfortable and continued, "no, i got the main focal points, if that's what you're asking. gatsby's dire need to prove himself that he was worthy, not only of the love of daisy, but of respect from his peers and even strangers got him killed. daisy just acted like he never existed, everyone did. he changed himself for love and it killed him. gatsby was desperate to make something of himself to achieve the american dream and it killed him. his absolute desperation killed him." he shook his head and took a breath, realizing he had riled himself up a little bit. he started to laugh, "oh and nick... he's absolutely in love with gatsby. that much is for sure."

chuckling at the last bit, she gave the boy a smile, happy to have gotten something out of him. eve felt a sense of pride that she got the too-cool-for-school dungeon master at least slightly into learning. who cared if it was through a movie?

"would you ever change yourself for love, eds?" she was genuinely curious now, but wasn't sure what she wanted his answer to be.

"probably to a certain extent, yeah." his glossy doe eyes met hers, nearly taking her already held breath away. "i mean, if you're not changing for love, what are you changing for?"

this definitely took her by surprise and it was a pleasant one at that. "quite philosophical of you, edward."

the boy jokingly puffed out his chest at her, but then softened. "why, evie, would you change yourself for love?"

evelyn miller was, for lack of better words, a complete virgin. never held hands with another, never been kissed, and surely had never been in love.

"i don't know, i've never loved or been loved by anyone like that."

"what?" eddie was truly shocked, she was amazing.