ix.

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

        DETENTION WASN'T NEW TERRITORY for eddie, but it was for evelyn

        DETENTION WASN'T NEW TERRITORY for eddie, but it was for evelyn. the call to her grandmother went as expected: full of disappointment. to her surprise, louellen had let her explain and later understood why she did what she did. the only reason the principal didn't get an "ass whoopin'" was because the older woman simply could not leave her home. eve could only imagine what would've happened if she was able-bodied.

lou was proud of the fact that eve didn't stand for such treatment and that she helped her friend when he needed it. she knew she at least did something right in raising such a good, ethical kid.

however, evelyn was conflicted yet again about her own behavior. would this one detention ruin her chances of getting into brown university? it was the best school for an aspiring writer and she would do anything to go. she hoped her chances weren't shot, but if it came to that, she would figure it out.

the girl walked quietly to the library where detention was held and sat in the last row of desks. she was prepared to sit in silence for the hour and then go home, but to her surprise, eddie actually showed up.

always the loudest person in the room, eddie practically kicked the doors open, "evie! fancy seeing you here!" the librarian instantly shushed him.

"evie... fancy seeing you here..." this time he said it in a whisper, making himself laugh.

eve half smiled and waved him over. he practically skipped over and plopped down across from her. he kicked his reebok wearing feet up on the table that they were now sharing, leaned back and balanced the chair on two legs. the girl hoped he would lose his balance just so she could have a good laugh, but he put his feet down and leaned forward before he even got the chance. his leather clad arms crossed as he rested his face on them.

"so listen," the shit-eating grin was back. "do you wanna have a little fun?"

of course she did, but when it came to eddie, fun always seemed to come at a price.

"depends..."

a low chuckle erupted from him, "in about 5 minutes, the librarian is going to leave. what'd ya say we do the same and..." he reached in his pocket and pulled out a joint.     "...smoke this bad boy."

evelyn's eyes widened with appall, "eddie! put that away before someone sees!" she was not getting caught smoking on school property. that would definitely ruin her chances at her dream school.

"don't act like you don't want to," his eyebrows wiggled under his crimped bangs, sliding it back into his pocket. how no one could smell it was beyond her.

eve looked into his doe eyes apologetically, "i do, but i'm already in trouble as it is and i can't be risking my reputation, eddie. it's fun to mess around sometimes, but i have to focus on my future too. if i get caught with that, i won't get into brown university."