vii 1/2

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

        ROBIN BUCKLEY HAD INSISTED on evelyn meeting steve "the hair" harrington

        ROBIN BUCKLEY HAD INSISTED on evelyn meeting steve "the hair" harrington. why? she had no idea. he seemed dense and douchey and she had no reason to expand her small bubble of friends... especially for a washed up jock.

it definitely sounded more harsh as those words were spoken out loud to mama lou. evelyn had a way of letting everyone know what she was thinking even if it was a little rude. lack of social interaction definitely made it difficult to read a room or filter her comments, but she mostly tried her best. she didn't have to pretend with lou though.

but of course, louellen gave her two sense. "give 'em a chance, you grouchy thing. he might just become your best friend."

"ew, no way," the younger girl rolled her eyes, realizing how right she could be. "i'll give him a shot, but only because i trust your judgement, so if he's a total spaz, i'm blaming you."

for once in her life, she had been wrong. steve wasn't just some douchey, washed up jock. it turned out that he was an awesome guy that happened to love watching after a group of kids that included mike and dustin. it was definitely weird but in a harmless way.

evelyn should've trusted robin's word from the get go, but she had to find out for herself.

the three sat around their local movie store, family video, for their first official hang out; a strange setting, yes, but also familiar enough to be comfortable. both buckley and harrington worked there and eve had been on a few, rare movie runs when lou had wanted to watch an oldie they didn't own. she had always been so quick to be in and out that steve never got the chance to "put the moves on her." thank goodness for that.

her friend also knew that movies were the key to her heart, popping in one of her favorites, a nightmare on elm street. normally, they wouldn't have put on a horror movie during store hours, but they made an exception to make her as comfortable as possible.

"i just don't see the appeal in horror. it's too gory," steve complained. with all of his great qualities, he was a complete sissy at heart.

"don't you like to be scared, harrington?" eve nudged his shoulder, taking a bite of her twizzler. she wanted to play off her nerves with a little bit of banter; it was her best defense mechanism.

"not in particular, no," he sneered.

"ah, i see. bet you're the romantic comedy type, huh?" eve cringed slightly.

"i am not—"

but robin was quick to interject, "yes, he is, don't let him lie to you. he's seen sixteen candles more times than he can count." her smile widening on her rosy speckled cheeks. "i can even quote it with how many times he's had it on here alone."

"robin, c-come on! you swore you wouldn't tell!" steve whined, his hands fell sassily to his hips and a bright flush fell to his face. "i just don't get why all these jokes have to be at my expense!"

the girls toppled over in laughter before eve caught her breath, "you're so easy, stevie. it's adorable."

another huff left his lips, but his annoyance quickly turned to playful intrigue. "adorable, huh?" a smirk formed upon his lips.

"ah!" robin warned, "don't even think about it, lover boy. she's got a boyfriend."

"i do not! he's not my boyfriend," her brown eyes nearly rolled out of her head as she scoffed.

"yet," the other girl cheekily added, poking at her side.

"see, so it's fair game." steve leaned cooly on the counter she was sitting on. robin smacked him solidly on the back of the head, "ow! geez, i was kidding!" his hand went to caress his now sore spot.

"wow, okay. so you don't think i'm good enough for you, king steve?" her grin was as wide ten miles wide, the sarcasm dripping from evelyn's every word. she knew the rise it would get out of him.

"n-no, that's not what i meant, i just,"  he definitely thought eve was pretty, but she gave off the same vibes as robin.

vibes as in robin buckley was a lesbian. a woman that loved other women, god forbid. though steve harrington didn't mind at all, actually; he loved that about her and encouraged her to embrace the abnormality of it all. it made their dynamic quite interesting and they bonded over hot chicks. how could you not love that?

that being said, steve was the only one who knew the girl's secret and he would take it to the grave, but he just had a gut feeling about eve and he was just dying to get the embarrassing attention off of him.

"i don't know, rob, do you think eve is pretty?" this earned a sharp stare from robin as she turned a very bright red along her cheeks and neck. her blue eyes darted to the other girl who was already blushing too.

i knew it, steve smiled to himself.

"well, of course, i'm not blind, dingus." she spat at him and a light giggle left evelyn's lips.

"i think you're very pretty too, robin," her gaze fell to the floor. she had looked at other girls before, always admiring their beauty, but she always shut down the longing feeling. she was always scared of the backlash.

so yes, robin buckley was definitely her type too, but eddie munson was it for her. the one. she didn't quite know that yet, but she would figure it out soon enough.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

short and sweet mini chapter!
i added this so my newest chapter would
make more sense and flow better!
thank you for not giving up on me!
much love // cass ❤️