iii.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

        THE NEXT DAY, EVELYN MILLER made her way to the crowded lunch room feeling slightly overwhelmed

        THE NEXT DAY, EVELYN MILLER made her way to the crowded lunch room feeling slightly overwhelmed. the day prior she had sat outside by herself due to a "slight" panic attack. a slight panic attack in eve's eyes meant light hyperventilation and nausea, maybe even a little dizziness. she had become quite used to them at this point since she had them practically every time she was in the vicinity of more than three people at one time. that's just what turning into a practical recluse did to a person.

nonetheless, she walked through the line to get her subpar cafeteria food and just as she was about to head to an empty table, a voice called out to her. "evie! over here!"

now, she appreciated the sentiment of the invitation, but eve quickly became aware of all of the eyes that had fallen upon her even though it was only a few. trying her very best not to have another episode, she made her way to the owner of that voice, eddie.

his club he had mentioned sat along the table with him at the head of it. "there you are, princess. i was going to have you sit with us yesterday, but i didn't see ya!"

evelyn muttered an awkward sorry and went to sit at the opposite end of the boy. he spoke to his chubbier friend sitting to the left of him, "hey, switch her spots so she can sit by dustin and mike," eddie knew that wasn't why he was having her sit there, he wanted her closer to him.

"he doesn't have to do that, eddie, really. i'm fine here." eyes were on her yet again and her refusal was ignored as the guy got up and went to her former spot. "well, thank you." she squeaked as she scurried to the spot eddie had chosen for her. eddie introduced her to everyone else at the table so she wouldn't feel weird.

mike awkwardly waved to her and dustin showed his big toothy grin earning a bright smile from the miller girl. she missed those goofy boys.

they resumed talking about the dungeons and dragons campaign they were going to play the next night. the younger two looked to each other with dismay before dustin looked to evelyn with puppy dog eyes, "hey, evie..." he sing-songed.it was just like dustin to act like he was best friends with her already.

"yes?" she recoiled, already concerned with what the could possibly want from her. she knew they were quite the trouble makers; why else would they hang out with eddie?

"would you be willing to join us in a wonderfully wicked game of dungeons and dragons tomorrow night?"

"um, no—"

"what? why?" dustin exclaimed, his brows furrowed at her. he was sure she would join them, mike had told him so!

eddie intervened, "well, dustybun, if you would've consulted me beforehand, i could've told you she has other commitments after school." he looked to her with knowing eyes before a devilish grin appeared on his face, "don't you think she would've been my first pick?"