Chapter 9

(with America)

The migraine stopped about 5:26 AM. America breathed a sigh of relief. He went unconscious at 3:09 and woke up at 4:02, and the migraine was still there, and it was a little better, but it still was scream-worthy. And so, Ame has been suffering for about an hour. As he relished in the sudden peace, his phone rings. He picked it up. It's France. He put it on speaker. "Hi, mom!" he said. "Honey, your meds are in in the fridge, along with some pizza." "Mom, I don't think I'll be going to school," he said. "Oh? why not?" France asked. "I had a really bad migraine last night, and it just stopped. I don't really feel like going to school," "Oh, okay honey. Bye!" "bye," Ame hung up, and texted Russia, 'Can you come over after school?' he didn't answer. Ame put down his phone. He looked at the wall. It was a map of the USA. "Alabama, Alaska, Arizona..." he muttered. "Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming." He smiled slightly, and got up, making his sore head throb. Maybe, beside the headaches, he was going to be okay.

(With Russia)

Russia was a little worried about Ame. He wasn't at school. Then, he saw a message from Ame, and he opened it. 'Can you come over after school?' it read. A tingle of hope shivered down Russia's spine. "Ukraine, I'm going to a friend's house, can you look after your sisters well I'm gone?" "konechno, Rossiya!" (sure, Russia!) she said joyfully. "Blaodarnost!" (Thanks) Russia said. Russia practically flew to America's house. He knocked on the door, and someone said, "coming!". A few seconds later, the door opened. "Oh," Russia said, "Ame, you look awful!" He had dark circles under his eyes, and his back slumped. "Well," he laughed a dry laugh, "this is what happens when you are up since 4," "WHAT?! Why were you up at 4?" Russia asked. Ame laughed again. "Maybe I'm going crazy," he said, but he pointed to his head. "Migraines," "Oh Ame," Russia said, pulling him close "you don't deserve this," he whispered. Ame pulled away, his arms crossed. "Well," he stood on his toes and kissed Russia's cheek. Russia's heart exploded. "Come on in," Ame said, and Russia followed him into his house.

___________________________

this is too all the people who are struggling with physical injuries and/or illnesses, keep on going. never give up, keep fighting. <3

words:455