3

⟦ I start acting like an overprotective sister, more than usual⟧

4828 words

I had weird dreams full of barnyard animals. Most of them wanted to kill me. The rest wanted food.

I must've woken up several times, but what I heard and saw made no sense, so I just passed out again. I remember lying in a soft bed, being spoon-fed something that tasted like buttered popcorn, only it was pudding. The cute boy hovered over me, smirking as he scraped drips off my chin with the spoon.

When he saw my eyes open, " are you ok?"

I mumbled, " Percy, where Percy?"

I tried to eat up, but he pushed me down.

then from beside us I heard someone asking about the summer solstice.

I looked to the direction to see a curly blond girl hovering over a barely conscious Percy.

"Percy," I called to him.

the blond girl whipped around and came over to me.

'What will happen at the summer solstice?'

I managed to croak, 'What?'

She looked around as if afraid someone other then the cute boy would overhear. 'What's going on? What was stolen? We've only got a few weeks!'

" Annabeth, lay off the girl." the cute boy scolded her.

The next time I woke up, both of them were gone.

A husky blond dude, like a surfer, stood in the corner of the bedroom keeping watch over me. He had blue eyes – at least a dozen of them – on his cheeks, his forehead, and the backs of his hands.

* * *

When I finally came around for good, there was nothing weird about my surroundings, except that they were nicer than I was used to. I was sitting in a deck chair on a huge porch with Percy snuggled into my side, gazing across a meadow at green hills in the distance. The breeze smelled like strawberries. There was a blanket over our legs and a pillow behind both of our necks. All that was great, but my mouth felt like a scorpion had been using it for a nest. My tongue was dry and nasty and every one of my teeth hurt.

I could barely speak to Percy when he finally woke up after me. he could barely speak either.

On the table next to me was a tall drink. It looked like iced apple juice, with a green straw and a paper parasol stuck through a maraschino cherry.