17

⟦JELLY LEGS⟧

a/n "little fe" is pronounced as "little fay".

3478 words

Annabeth and percy gagged at us until a Coast Guard boat picked us up, but they were too busy to keep us for long, or to wonder how five kids in street clothes had got out into the middle of the bay. There was a disaster to mop up. Their radios were jammed with distress calls.

They dropped us off at the Santa Monica pier with towels around our shoulders and water bottles that said I'M A JUNIOR COAST GUARD! and sped off to save more people.

Our clothes were sopping wet, even percys. i was thankful for that or else the coat guard would be asking questions.percy ended up barefoot, because he given his shoes to Grover. It better the Coast Guard wonder why one of us was barefoot than wonder why one of us had hooves.

After reaching dry land, we stumbled down the beach, watching the city burn against a beautiful sunrise. I felt as if I'd just come back from the dead – which I had. Mine had tingled with the close power of Zeus's master bolt. My heart was even heavier from seeing Sally.

I miss her more then I thought. I feel guilty for not thinking of her, but with this whole demi-god ordeal, I haven't had the time to think of my old life.

'I don't believe it,' Annabeth said. 'We went all that way –'

'It was a trick,' I said. A strategy worthy of Athena.'

'Hey,' she warned.

'You get it, don't you?'

She dropped her eyes, her anger fading. 'Yeah. I get it.'

'Well, I don't!' Grover complained. 'Would somebody –'

"Percy...'"Annabeth said. "I'm sorry about your mother. I'm so sorry....you too febe."

"It's okay, she not dead. there is still a chance." I brush luke off when he reaches a hand out. he back away hurt.

'The prophecy was right,' percy said avoiding annabeth condolences. '"You shall go west and face the god who has turned.' But it wasn't Hades, febe was right. Hades didn't want war between the Big Three. Someone else pulled off the theft. Someone stole Zeus's master bolt, and Hades's helmet, and framed me because I'm Poseidon's kid. Poseidon will get blamed by both sides. By sundown today, there will be a three-way war. And I'll have caused it.'

Grover shook his head, mystified. 'But who would be that sneaky? Who would want war that bad?'

Luke scoffed, " War, War, War. who is obsessed with war."

percy stopped in his tracks, looking down the beach. 'War, War, War seem to like the beach.'

There he was, waiting for us, in his black leather duster and his sunglasses, an aluminum baseball bat propped on his shoulder. His motorcycle rumbled beside him, its headlight turning the sand red.