5

⟦ weird vibe from jake⟧

edited

6450 words

Luke had to ditch me for his counselor duties, so I had found Percy and Annabeth and sticked around with them

Word of the bathroom incident spread immediately. Wherever I went, campers pointed at percy and murmured something about toilet water. Or maybe they were just staring at Annabeth, who was still pretty much dripping wet.

I shot them glares or threw acorns at them.

Annabeth showed us a few more places: the metal shop (where kids were forging their own swords), the arts-and-crafts room (where satyrs were sandblasting a giant marble statue of a goat-man), and the climbing wall, which actually consisted of two facing walls that shook violently, dropped boulders, sprayed lava and clashed together if you didn't get to the top fast enough.

Finally, we returned to the canoeing lake, where the trail led back to the cabins.

'I've got training to do,' Annabeth said flatly. 'Dinners at seven thirty. Just follow your cabin to the mess hall.'

'Annabeth, I'm sorry about the toilets.'

'Whatever.'

'It wasn't my fault.'

Annabeth and I looked at him skeptically. he totally was.

'You need to talk to the Oracle,' Annabeth said.

'Who?'

'Not who. What. The Oracle. I'll ask Chiron.'

percy stared into the lake, wishing somebody would give him a straight answer for once.

Annabeth turned to me, she glanced down to the hand that Luke hold. she glared at it then me.

" What your problem waffle head?" I looked down to her.

she looked away from me then back to Percy who was looking into the water. I walked over to him and looked down.

I wasn't expecting anybody to be looking back at me from the bottom, so my heart skipped a beat when I noticed two teenage girls sitting cross-legged at the base of the pier, about five meters below. They wore blue jeans and shimmering green T-shirts, and their brown hair floated loose around their shoulders as minnows darted in and out. They smiled and waved as if I were a long-lost friend.

I didn't know what else to do. I waved back. so did Percy.

'Don't encourage them,' Annabeth warned. 'Naiads are terrible flirts.'

'Naiads,' percy repeated, feeling completely overwhelmed. 'That's it. I want to go home now.'

Annabeth frowned. 'Don't you get it, Percy? You are home. This is the only safe place on earth for kids like us.'