Chapter 7 Visitors

Chuuya just looked at his daughter, then took a deep breath. 
He had known that someday she would ask him this questions and had already planned the answers, but right now his mind was blank.  
Daira felt bad for asking after her mother got silent and the moment she wanted to start apologising her mother suddenly stood up und began to search for something in the cartons. "What are you looking for Mommy?", she asked. After a short time Chuuya came back with a small box in his hands and sat back on the couch. He decided to tell his daughter everything:
"I'm so sorry that I lied to you about this the whole time." "What do you mean mommy?", Daira was irritated. "What does that mean?". Chuuya continued: "About your father, how do I tell you that, well, he isn't dead!".

Daira looked at him with a shoked face and Chuuya wasn't sure what to feel. There is something else you don't know, I'm....". He stopped in the middle of the sentence. His daughter looked at him weirdly but Chuuya, who was trained well, had heard how many cars had stopped in front of there home. He laid a finger on his lips to show Daira that she had to be quiet. With silent steps he moved over to the window and looked outside, just to hurry back.
In front of their house stood five black caress and a man with dark hair in a white coat just excited the first one. By his side stood a little girl with blond hair in a red dress. Behind them followed some man in black with sunglasses.
They found him was the first thing that came to his mind as he slowly moved back to the couch from where Daira, a little scared, looked at him. She didn't know what was going on.
Chuuya decided fast:
He took the box and gave it to Daira than he took her in his arms. After a short time he let go off her and said:
"Listen well, you remember where we met that's group of detectives, with, what was his name again, ah, Atsushi?". Daira's nodded. She realised something was wrong and didn't want to interrupt her mother. "Over the cafe you go to the fourth floor. That's where Atsushi and the others are. Give the man who looked like you, his name is Dazai, the box, alright?". She nodded again. "Now you take the emergency ladder down and promise me: don't look back, even if you hear something!", Chuuya reminded her. Daira's realized that he had said all he wanted to say and she wants to say something too but she couldn't get a single word o out of her mouth. Instead she embraced her mother again.
In this moment somebody nocked on the front door.  They both jolted and Chuuya hurried, before the person behind the door would lose the patience. He kissed Daira on the forehead for the last time and whispered: "Please don't forget that I will always love you!". "I love you too mommy.", he heard his daughter said while he shoved her towards the emergency ladder.
The moment he was sure that she arrived on the ground he got to the door and hesitated for a second. He decided that he now longer would run but end the whole thing today. 
He turned the key around, took a deep breath and opened the door.
"Good evening Chuuya. Long time no see. How are you?", Mori smiled at him. "Aren't you going to invite us in?".

Daira's ran. She didn't exactly knew who this people, that where after her mother, where but she knew that she had to go to the agency as fast as possible. She gripped the box in her hand and held it closer to her body.
In this moment she heard an explosion behind her and even tho her mother told her not to, she turned around.
The house she and Chuuya had lived in stood in flames. He eyes burned with tears as she turned back around and ran even faster.
She prayed with all her might that her mother was alright.