Chapter 26 A trap?

"This is one hundred percent a trap! You'd be pretty stupid to go there," Chuuya's voice ran through the office. Dazai looks forward to him in defiance. "But I have to go anyway, you know that very well. I won't let him do anything to you and Daira."

Chuuya just looked at him desperately. Of course, he knew that too, and he also knew that if Dazai had something in his head, you couldn't talk him out of it. He had known him long enough for that.

 Chuuya was also afraid for Daira and himself, but at the same time he didn't want Dazai to put himself in danger for him. Unfortunately, Yosano had forbidden him to use his ability or fight, as he had to recover from his coma and injuries.

Actually, Chuuya didn't have to say it louder, everyone knew the moment they opened the letter that it would be a trap. But still, it was the only chance they got to catch Mori and bring Daira and him to safety.

In the morning, a week after the raid on the Mafia, the members of the Armed Detective Agency found a letter in the mail that sparked a great discussion.

The letter, which came from Mori, said that he wanted to meet Dazai alone in an old abandoned house in a week. This was their last chance to meet him; He wrote, after which he would go into hiding forever.

For Dazai, there was no question from the beginning whether he would leave or not. He would do anything just to prove that Chuuya and Daira were safe and no longer threatened them.

While Chuuya was worried, Daira sat on the couch with Kyouka reading a book. Kunikida put a reassuring hand on Chuuya's shoulder and assured him, "Don't worry. We will not let Dazai go alone and come up with a plan on how we can set a trap from our side."

Chuuya took a deep breath when suddenly someone tugged at his pants. When he looked down, he looked into the face of his daughter, who had stood up and come over to her mother.

Daira, as usual, hadn't noticed the letter, but noticed that her mother seemed tense. "What's my darling?" asked Chuuya, all he crouched down to talk to his daughter at eye level. "Kyouka has fallen asleep and can't read to me anymore. Besides, I'm hungry," Daira replied, pointing over to the couch. In fact, Kyouka had fallen asleep. "Should we go to cook lunch together?" asked Chuuya and when Daira nodded enthusiastically, he walked over to the sofa, covered Kyouka with a blanket and left his daughter the room for me towards the kitchen.

It wasn't until he left the room that he realized what the letter meant: "If they managed to catch Mori, Chuuya and Daira would be safe for the rest of their lives!"