Chapter 23 Help

Another week had passed and nothing else happened.

After some time, Dazai and Chuuya had gone back to work because the ceiling had fallen on their heads at home. Of course, Daira had come along.

Although there was no further attack or they were prosecuted, the problem was not solved. However, they were surprised that Mori did not take stronger action against them. It was clear that if he fought seriously, they would have lost long ago.

Why he did not do it no one could explain.

When the agency's door opened, Atsushi and Yosano entered. The doctor had managed to get Atsushi to go shopping with him, if only to carry the bags. Chuuya had quickly learned that you had to be quick when she asked who would accompany her, because all the members of the ADA quickly got out of the dust and whoever was left had lost.However, everyone was surprised when they saw them. Their clothes were torn and they were covered with dirt from top to bottom. They looked like they had fought me someone.Just as the others were inundating the two with questions, Chuuya noticed another figure behind the two. He recognized her immediately. "Kyouka? What are you doing here?" The eyes of all were now on her. Dazai had also recognized her and stood protectively in front of Chuuya. "What's going on here and what are you planning?" he asked skeptically. Kyouka saw her and her eyes lit up. "Chuuya-nii san. Dazai-san. You're fine." At that moment, it became clear to everyone that the girl must be from the mafia, just as Chuuya and Dazai had reacted. But before anyone could say anything, Atsushi intervened and told everyone what had happened. How they had been attacked by Kajii on the train and how Atsushi had rescued Kyouka.

After it was clear to everyone that she had no evil in mind, Chuuya in front of us looked at her. "You've grown quite a bit in the last six years. How are you doing? How is Ane-san?" he asked. The others wondered why she had named Chuuya Nii-san. "She and I are fine." Then Chuuya took her in his arms. Dazai also came over and stroked her head. "Chuuya is right. You've actually grown. Not like Chu.".

He joked and got a punch in the stomach from Chuuya.

So while Dazai was writhing in pain, the ADA members mentally made the note never to talk to Chuuya about his size or annoy him. Meanwhile, Chuuya led Kyouka to the sofa of the office and when they had sat down, she said, "Ane-san asked me to find you and tell you something."

But before she could tell anything, they were interrupted by a childlike voice, she exclaimed enthusiastically: "Mom, mom, look what Ranpo-san has given!". When they turned around, they saw Daira running out of them. In one hand she held a marble.

She had played Ranpo together in the next room, but she really wanted to show her parents her latest gift. When she arrived at the sofa, she literally jumped into Chuuya's arms and he hugged her. "How nice. Did you thank him properly?" he asked. "Of course!" replied Daira. She was, after all, well behaved. "Is that your daughter?" he suddenly heard Kyouka ask. "Yes, this is Daira. Daria look, this is Kyouka. She's kind of like a little sister to Chuuya and me," said Dazai, who appeared behind Chuuya out of nowhere.Daira looked from her father at the girls, then smiled. "Hello mom and daddy's sister." Kyouka had to smile but her attention was drawn back to Chuuya, who asked, "What should you tell us?" "First of all, I should give her this letter here and I should pray you to meet with her. She immediately started looking for you after finding out that Mori is hot on her heels. We want to help you!", she replied as she pulled an envelope out of her kimono belt. She handed it to Chuuya and he opened it and began to read. Then Dazai, who now had Daira in his arms, asked: "If I understand correctly, you can't go back to the mafia, right?" Kyouka nodded. He thought for a moment, then turned to Chuuya. "Hey Chuu, she could sleep in Daira's room, since Daira is sleeping with us right now."Chuuya, who had finished reading the letter, looked and nodded after a moment's thought. "Yes, why not?!". He then passed the letter on to Dazai. "Here, that's interesting, it could help us."