Chapter 15 Reunification

*back in the present *

Two weeks had passed without Chuuya making a single sign that he would wake up soon. Slowly Daira seemed to understand that her mother was not doing as well as everyone told her. Dazai had all his hands full to distract her from this fact. He also wanted to make a better bond with his daughter.So he went with her to the cinema, the zoo or bought her an ice cream. Nowerdays, Daira grabbed his hand without asking or let him carry him on her shoulders. But most of the time the two spent in the ADA. Either Daira sat at Chuuya's bed and told him what she and Dazai had experienced, or she was in the office and had the others explain all sorts of things to her.

The entire agency had long since taken Daira to her heart and no one could deny her a wish. However, all this was always clouded with the thought that her mother was one room away in a coma. Which, however, only strengthened the protective instinct of everyone.

~

Chuuya opened his eyes in a daze and realized that he was not lying in his bed. Where was he? When he perceived his surroundings more clearly, he realized that he had to lie in a hospital room. But how did he end up here and what happens?Carefully, he propped himself up on his elbow and instantly became dizzy. In his right arm was an infusion that had probably supplied him with food. Just as he was about to try to sit up again, a door opened and when Chuuya looked in the direction from which the noise was coming, he saw a woman with short black hair in a dress entering the room. She looked at him in surprise then smiled."So you're awake. Daira will be happy." " Where is she?" was Chuuya's first question. "I'll call for her," the woman replied, leaving him alone again. Relieved, Chuuya let himself sink back into his pillow. His daughter was safe. That was all that really mattered to him at the moment.

~

Daira was reading a book with Atsushi when Yosano entered the room with a big smile. "Daira honey, your mom woke up." She immediately jumped up and shouted, "Really? May I go to her?" Yosano laughed. "Of course!" and Daira was out the door.

The others looked at Dazai, who was sitting in his chair and had heard everything. "Don't you want to go to him?" asked Kunikida. Dazai looked at the ground. "I don't know if he wants to see me at all." "Now come on, at least say hello," Yosano shouted, she was already echoing out the door. So Dazai stood up and followed her, albeit somewhat reluctantly.

~

Chuuya was lying in his bed when suddenly the doors opened and an excited Daira ran into the room. "Mommy!" she exclaimed, and was also on Chuuya's bed. "Are you alright?" she asked excitedly. Chuuya smiled and nodded. He ran both hands through Daira's hair and had a tear in the corner of his eye. "Mom, why are you crying?" Daira was worried. "All good. I'm just glad you're okay. I wouldn't know what to do if something had happened to you.Where are we here and what exactly happened?".

At that moment, Yosano entered the room. "This is the agency and after the mafia found you, you sent Daira here. By the way, you did that well. After that, Dazai and Kunikida left and saved you. When you arrived here you were very hurt but I could not use my ability. You were in a coma for two weeks. . But I really wanna know why my ability didn't work at all. Dazai said he wouldn't tell me why, you should decide that yourself.".

While she had said this, she had come over and helped Chuuya sit up. He was now sitting in an upright position in bed while Daira was still lying on his lap. Her arms wrapped tightly around his waist, as if she never plans to let go of him. While Chuuya had been listening, he hadn't stopped stroking Daira's head.

"Dazai? Where is he?" asked Chuuya. Yosano could not interpret the tone in his voice. Then a voice came from the direction of the door:"I'm here," Dazai replied.