Chapter 1| The Alpha

Clarice POV

"Why's dad calling me at this time",  it's five in the  morning, I'm extremely excited that I will be working at Cargill my first day at work, I hate picking up the phone at this times, there's always some bad news, my dad always calls me around this time I guess these are the hours where he can open up his heart, If there's one thing I hate more than being disturbed while I'm asleep are cockroach eww.

"Morning daddy what's going on, is everything okay? Is aunt Caitlin drinking again?" I growled.

"Hey baby girl no your aunt is not drinking, at least for the last few days, I just missed you, can't I call my own daughter now?"

"Of course you can dad, it's just too early."

"I know pumpkin, I just wanna make sure you won't wake up late this time."

"Dad it's five in the morning, and the last interview my car broke in the middle of the highway you know it wasn't my fault." He just laughed.

"Okay dad now please tell me what's really bothering you."

"It's just that your brother, keeps walking with Romeno and those drug dealers from your aunt neighborhood. I don't know what to do anymore he hasn't been home since the day I told him that if he keeps walking with those people he would have to look for another place to stay."

"Dad don't worry, I will speak to him, he's probably just hurt, he knows you didn't mean that. He's probably hiding at aunt Caitlin YOU know how those two are."

"Okay then baby girl, I will let you take your beauty sleep, we will talk later, love you bye."

"Bye dad, I love you too."

I tried to go back to sleep but, my brain had other plans for me, is my brother really okay, you see that's the reason why I hate being disturbed, so early now I'm freaked, where the hell is he? Let me get back to sleep.

I tried to close my eyes think about butterflies, but I couldn't stop worrying about Eric.

I sat up slowly, stepped out of the bed and walked to balcony.

I can't believe I will be working at one of the best companies in Atlanta I'm so so excited, at least all my studying helped me with something this is just a big dream to anyone who just graduated, being black and  able to work at one of the best companies in the world is wonderful, most the people who I graduate with in the college, are still leaving with their parents but not  yeay, here I am with my own apartment and working at the Cargill Corporation.

Mom would be so proud if she was here.

"My mom died when I was five, my dad never told me what really happened, after all this years he is still not able to talk about her.

I don't really have many options on what to wear, so I choose a white tight dress with a black blazer and some black heels.

I shower and get dressed I put a simple make up, and still have time to make myself a breakfast.

I call my brother, and his phone go straight to voicemail. I just hope he didn't took my aunt car and both went to those illegal race. Ever since mom died dad always worked hard for me and Eric to have the education, a chance to go to the best Universities in Georgia.

My mom sister aunt Caitlin don't really help us she's always drinking and putting herself into danger just like a teenager. We tried to help her but she always so stubborn, my dad says that one day she will stop drinking but till now she never did.

"I kept calling Eric but he doesn't pick up, he's probably sleeping, when I get back home I will try again."

I put everything that I will need in my purse and leave my apartment.

The company sent me an email on what I must do every morning in order to keep Mr. Jones satisfied, it seems that my new boss likes to have black coffee ugh and with no sugar.

And I have to be at the office before my schedule starts.

"I left my apartment around six thirty and waited for the bus, across my house I stopped at Starbucks to buy his coffee. It takes me an hour just to get another bus to Cargill Corporation, and I already feel exhausted, seriously guys I really need a car."

I finally arrived at Cargill and guess what "I'm fucking LATE for my first day, my dad can never know about this."

My mouth almost dropped, I take a look around the all building looks like it's made of  glass, the window were reflecting the sunrising on them, I can't believe I'm really working here this is so huge the design is beautiful and by the length I think its more than hundred floors.

—Anyway I should probably close my mouth, but it would probably just open again, shit everyone that is walking in and out of the building seems to be pretty rich, I feel so embarrassed by my cloths, I definitely could have chosen a better outfit.

"Maybe I should stop standing here and just walk in."

"As I start walking inside the building my phone rings its Eric, uff thanks god he's okay ."

"Hey Eric what's wrong with your cellphone I have been trying to talk to you since forever!"

"Hey sis sorry I was busy making money."

"Okay look Eric its my first day at work and I really don't want to give you a speech about, how irresponsible you have been acting this past weeks, I have to go bye I will call you later."

—As I hang up I bump into someone.

"And spill the coffee all over his shirt."

Don't forget to Vote and Comment