The Alpha| Chapter 24

Richard POV

When I saw that her water really broke I freaked out immediately.

I tried to calm down, but we Blake trying to take over it wasn't easy, Don't freak out just call the OB/GYN, take her hand, tell her everything is going to be OK. Drive her to the pack house and stay calm.These words were repeating themselves in my head but still I was not able to move my feet."

I mind link with Mason, he came with some pack members in his full wolf form. I helped Clarice get in the car , we both sat at the back seats.

I looked into her beautiful eyes, Rick our babies are coming, she said with a smile on her face.

"I know," I said. I'm literally unable to form any word that can make sense at this point,I can feel her hand holding mine and I wonder if mine is made out of stone. But it's probably wet and shaking. I'm such a dweeb. She looks so calm.

"Why do you look so relaxed, shouldn't you be screaming, or yelling, you can hit me if you want."

"Ha ha , actually I should, but somehow I feel calm, and the water just broke the contractions didn't start yet ," she laughs. Clarice just stared at me, her look pitying and anguished and loving all at the same time. I couldn't let go of her stare. Her eyes were the only two things in the universe that I knew for sure were real.

She looked tensed , are you okay love? I asked.

She held my face in her hands and looked at me with such ferocity I was sure she was inside my mind at that moment.

Then she kissed me. She kissed me and I could taste the salt from her tears on my lips," yeah I am". She said in between the kisses.

"Then why are you crying?"

" I don't know I just feel like something bad is going to happen."

I placed my hand against her face, running my fingers over her cheeks, I felt my wolf tensing more and more. "Nothing bad is going to happen , just stay calm and try to relax".

Her contractions then began...

–We arrived at the pack house in time. I carried her straight to the labor room no one has used the room in over a year. But it was sterile, clean and it was ready for Clarice.

I just came to know that water breaking really isn't the big deal they make it to be in the movies. Just because the water breaks doesn't mean the baby is just about to fall out, it's just the start of a process that can take a long time.

Laying in the bed, after hours of waiting it was finally the time to push, the pain was clear on her face. She screamed every five seconds, hoping the baby would shoot out easily. Though, that wasn't the case. She tried breathing excuses like the midwife suggested, yet, still, the contractions continued to wear her down.

"It's time," the doctor said. "Clarice, I'm going to need you to push."

And she listened... She pushed and pushed long and hard. An hour past before they made progress. The head finally showed. To Clarice, the pain resembled a watermelon being pushed through a hole the size of a lemon.

"This isn't good," the pack Doctor exclaimed. He widened his eyes. " Alpha it looks like something isn't right with her. It's the umbilical cord... it's wrapped around one of the babies neck."

"Shit!" I grabbed my chest and started heaving.

"What does that mean?!" Clarice yelled through her pushing and pain.

"If we don't get the babies out now, she is going to die."

"Do a C-section," I said. I won't lose my babies neither my wife, I won't let it happen, I felt my wolf burning inside.

"It's too late. By the time I get ready for that the second baby will be dead. I'm sorry, but we're going to have to rely on faith alone for this Alpha."

He's a doctor, someone who studied science believed in the facts, had to now rely on what he could not predict, on something that science alone could not solve.

I growled angry at his response, "DO SOMETHING NOW!!! ID THEY DIE YOU DIE." I said.

Vote and comment
•What do you guys think will happen to Clarice and the babies?