Chapter 4| The Alpha

Clarice POV

—After receiving the news of the year from Mr. Jones assistant that I was fired I almost burned my apartment while cooking."

— I can't believe that I just lost my job, before even start, how am I going to pay my bills and help my dad.

I went to bathroom, I showered , and wore my pajamas. Went to bed and just continued crying.

—A someone knocks the door.
I have no friends around here, It can only be the landlord Mr.Jackson.

"When I open the door I see Mr.Jones, who don't even have the balls to fire me face to face after kissing me, seeing him standing in front of me looking stupidly gorgeous almost melts me down.I said ALMOST."

"What are you doing here Mr.Jones?"

Richard POV

—I couldn't sleep after what I did, she looked like she really needed this job, I feel like shit, for some reason I feel that my mate needs me, something is not right with her, I don't know why but I have to be there with her.

I look at Malia who is sleeping next to me, I can't just leave her without saying anything.

"YES YOU CAN, OUR MATE NEEDS US MORE THAN HER." Blake says.

I sat up slowly, and step out of the bed, I took same random clothes and wore them, I took my car keys and left.

I can sense her smell, and feel her presence when I get at her apartment, I knock for several times, I start losing hope that she would open.

—When I was about to leave she opens the door her eyes were so red I can see she has been crying, of course she doesn't know that I can hear her thoughts and that's what pisses me off. We just stood there looking at each other without saying a word.

—"What are you doing here Mr. Jones?" I asked.

"I needed to see if you are okay, I couldn't sleep knowing that I you are hurt."

"Oh is that so? Maybe you should thought about that before telling your assistant to fire me."

"I know I am sorry but there's a reason why I did that."

"Oh and what's that? Me being black?" I said.

"What I'm about to say might seem crazy but hum I AM A WEREWOLF AND YOU ARE MY MATE."

Clarice POV

—"I am sorry, Sir but I don't really believe in these kind of things and if that's really true, is that how you guys treat your mates? "

"No I." I cut him off. "If you think that you can take advantage of me again by coming to my house with this shit story about werewolves, YOU ARE WRONG!"

"I give him a fake smile, YOU are such a jerk, please leave before I call the police Sir."

—He smiles at me, SERIOUSLY a cute smile.

"Can I come in please, I will explain everything to you. I know you are probably thinking that I am a pervert, but can you please give a chance to explain?"

"When I looked at his puppy eyes I couldn't say NO, when I tried to let him in I hear a gunshot."

Richard POV

—After being shot, I smelled a heavy amount of rogues in her neighborhood.

—"Are you okay Sir?" She asks, I try to answer but she cuts me off again.

—"What a stupid question of course you not, please stay awake, don't move I will take you to the hospital right now Sir."

--She carried me to my car and drove off there's something wrong, who would just come here and shot me, rogues could just come and fight, they don't use guns, this bullet wasn't for me. I can't go to the hospital if my mom or Malia Pack is involved, they will probably come after her.

If they know about her my mom probably knows that she's my mate already but if Malia finds out we are screwed.

— I can't call my brother, they are probably tracking my phone.

"I ask her to take me to one of my apartment, I'm sure my mom doesn't know that my dad gave it to me before he died."

—When we got there, everything seemed so fuzzy, she cleaned up the wound, she kept saying it would be better if we went to the hospital, she took the aid kit, took the bullet from my chest as I instructed her, clean the wound and covered with a regular bandage.

" Why can't we go to the hospital Sir?" She asked.

"Because I don't think that they were trying to kill me, this bullet was supposed yours, only gold bullets kill a werewolf, this is a normal one they are trying to kill you."

"And if you take me to the hospital they will find you, and they would kill you, and this time they wouldn't miss it."

"Why would they want to kill me?"

"That's what I wanted to speak to you about it, that's also one of the reason I fired you."

Don't forget to Vote and Comment