Chapter 7| The Alpha

Clarice POV

—Richard driver Emmanuel dropped me at the airport he's such a good guy, we talked about his family and that just made me sad, knowing that now I lost my aunt.

—I guess I was not meant to be happy, I get to the plane and somehow I feel like am being followed. When we landed , I see that no one came to fetch me so I call my dad and he doesn't pick up, what the heck is going on, I tried calling Eric and he doesn't pickup, y'all know how that boy is.

I tried calling them again and again, but their phones were off. I looked for a cab, and got in.

"Hey Sir. 35 Julius street please, I tell the cab driver."

—When we arrive I see a bunch of people standing outside my house some neighbors, police and paramedics.

"Ma'am it will be 6 dollars", I pay the cab and leave running.

—My heart was beating so fast I felt like it would explode, I thought I was about to have a heart attack, I tried to get inside but a cop stops me.

"Ma'am you can't get in sorry, this is a crime scene, I fall down and start crying,"

"Huh but.. my family lives here please tell me that my dad and brother are fine, please, why what happened here I say in between the sobs."

"Ma'am I'm afraid I can't, two people were killed, they were both male I'm sorry can you come with me to identify the bodies? We can give you a few minutes, if you don't feel like doing it today we can arrange for tomorrow."

—This can't be true, I don't believe they're dead, I just lost aunt and and now dad and Eric, this must be a joke, it can't be.

—"I can... I can do it now!"

"Okay ma'am, please follow me."

We go inside the house and I see my father and brother dead, both of them have been shot on the chest, the living room had blood all over the floor, I cried for almost three hours, until the cops tell me that I had to leave because the house would be closed for further investigations.

I go to this hotel next to my neighborhood.

— I get the room keys and go straight to my room and the only thing I want to do was just go sleep, sleep to forget all this, I don't know what to do anymore, now I lost my entire family and I don't even know how, who would want them dead, my brother had some drug dealers friends but they all respected our family, I don't now how people just have the courage to kill like that, without even have a concern about how they might be affecting somebody else lives.

The next day...

I woke up, and went to the bathroom I looked at myself in the mirror I look horrible my eyes are so red, I call the funerary and arranged for dad and Eric funeral as well with aunt Caitlin, the funeral, it will be at eleven so I have to get ready its already ten, I showered, and wear a black long dress with a black blazer and grey sandals I just do a messy bun, not in the mood for make up so I just take my purse and my sunglasses and leave.

—After the funeral I got back to the hotel I need to pack my stuff and leave now, I will go to Italy it's the only place I can be safe for now a friend of my dad is leaving there ,he said he can help me to get a job and a place to live, both of the houses here and in Georgia are already in sale, the agency will just transfer the money to my account, so at least i have a backup, I get back to the hotel, open the door and I find Mr.Jones inside.

"What, why are you here?"

"I'm here because I know you need me, I saw in the news what happened to your family, I'm sorry I wasn't there for you, Please let me take care of you princess I promise I will..."

" I don't let him finish I just run and hug him and break down, I am nothing now Richard I don't have a family, I don't even have friends why am I even still alive, whoever killed my family will certainly come for me, I don't know what to do."

Richard POV

—I found out where Clarice has been staying, I know she is feeling terrible she just lost all her family, in less than a week, coincidentally the hotel that she's staying my friend Brian is the CEO so I just masked for her room keys, and waited for her after 30min I smell her scent she opens the door.

"What, why are you here?"

"I'm here because I know you need me, I saw in the news what happened to your family, I'm sorry I wasn't there for you, Please let me take care of you love I promise I will..." She doesn't let me finish and hugs me and kiss me.

—She leaned back against the wall, me leaning into her. I put one of my hand around her waist, the other behind her head. Then, I slowly pressed my lips against hers.

"Clarice you don't know what you're doing princess why did you kiss me?"

"Richard I kissed you because you're the only person that I have left, and yes when you told me all about those werewolves, mates t the beginning I couldn't believe, but I really like you I don't know why, I just don't want to die without having any regrets."

—I heard rogues growls coming from the hall  my wolf wanted to take control but, Clarice is still in shock with what happened to her family the best thing we can do now is leave I could scent Malia scent in the hotel.

"Okay listen to me princess, you have to trust me everything will be okay, just do as I said, now pack your things we have to leave now."

Don't forget to Vote and Comment